Flash Player 10.1 RC Arrives But Still Not In Tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blindfrog View Post
    I kind of wish people would just support Gnash more.
    Gnash 0.8.7 works for Flash-Ads, but doesn't work on Youtube. Should be the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by puntarenas View Post
      Gnash 0.8.7 works for Flash-Ads, but doesn't work on Youtube. Should be the other way around.
      You can use Adblock Plus to get rid of all your annoying Flash-Ads. I just hate it when I go to a site and there are ~4 flash ads, each trying to consume 100% of your CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by thefirstm View Post
        You can use Adblock Plus to get rid of all your annoying Flash-Ads.
        I prefer to play fair, so my Adblock is deactivated unless websites torture me with invasive things like popups or sound.

Comment

No, gnash still sucks and is useless for 90% of the Flash content on the web.

Comment

Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
            Adobe engineers can't be that bad, so this obviously is a management issue. They just don't care of Linux. On the other hand, it looks normal to devote more time to Windows and MacOS X versions.
            There must be also lower management issues. Their Flash player sucks for video in all platform, and I agree, the actual engineers can't be that bad. But even if you have great minds, this can go to waste in a corporate environment if you make them report to incapable people.

Case in hand, a sensible low-level manager would have spent some resources, as you say, maybe a week work, not only to use or hack around the existing api's, but maybe just propose a wrapper to unify them (as opposed to bitching in a blog). I know part of this may be easier with Gallium, but they have a need today and they could have contributed to a solution. They have the (wo)man power. And it is in their best interest.

I think disregarding Linux is a HUGE mistake, not because of the desktop market, but because of the netbook/umpc/smart phone/tablet market, the appliance type market. Linux is huge there. And you want people to use your freakin' flash in all those. Oh well!

Comment

I would be more happy if they could focus on pushing stable 10.0.x 64bit version. Current alpha works, but it crashes and freezes quite often.

Comment

It seems to work better with newer firefox, did you try the 3.6.x pre series?

Comment

Originally posted by Tares View Post
                  I would be more happy if they could focus on pushing stable 10.0.x 64bit version. Current alpha works, but it crashes and freezes quite often.
                  FWIW, and this could be a coincidence, in my ATI system it crashes a lot (freezing the computer) in Ubuntu Karmic with Catalyst, and it runs "fine" in Lucid with the open source stack.By "fine" I mean it doesn't crash, and performance is as good as it gets in flash.

Comment

I don't think it is related to fglrx. Just fetch a new firefox from link above, it will update automatically when a new build is there.

Comment

there could be 1

Why don't Nvidia and AMD just consolidate their video graphics api into one. could we do the same for the audio? Just what does free desktop do? At least we agreed on the new graphics stack.

Comment

Working...
                      X