X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

music players

foobar2000 + wine = win!

Comment

I was excited about Songbird. Then I tried it. Amarok FTW!

Comment

We need a good lightweight Qt based music player with Gnome support

Comment

Originally posted by EarthMind View Post

there you go.
          maybe not exactly lightweight, but good enough

Comment

Originally posted by Silverthorn View Post
            Couldn't agree more. It makes me want to create my own music player just to get a player which I could be happy with.
            That's actually what I did.
            Back in the KDE 4.2 days, I couldn't get Amarok 2.0 to work on my system due to a bug in 64-bit mysql. Songbird didn't work on my system (heh), and I didn't want to install a bunch of Gnome stuff for Rhtymbox or Banshee.

There were the minimal ones like Audacious, but I didn't really care for them. So I wrote my own music player using Qt4 and Phonon.

When Amarok finally did work, I didn't like it that much. And by then, I was too enamored by my own music player.

Comment

Originally posted by KAMiKAZOW View Post
              Only partially true. The port (Clementine) is to Qt4 which means that it not only integrates well into KDE SC 4, but also GNOME, Windows, and Mac OS X.
              http://code.google.com/p/clementine-player/
              That's great! I hope the final version will look and behave exactly like Amarok 1.

Comment

VLC media player. It's Qt4 with Freedesktop.org color icons. It's intended for simple file playback. You can however make playlists.

It plays all audio- and video files. It plays back all imaginable video- and music discs and files over network and the internet and also YouTube and other .flv videos.

Best multimedia player ever made But I prefer Amarok 1/2 for music management ^^,

Comment

Actually it was promising.

But then the linux features started getting stripped out. Like no CD Ripping. Eventually it became a bit of a joke.

I'm disappointed because it COULD have been a great app. Esp. since I just can't get used to the Amarok library presentation.

Comment

You could use the one I wrote. It's pure Qt with no KDE deps.
                    Hope you don't mind compiling from source (CMake) and lots of lacking features.

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

/shameless plug

Comment

I think the best media/music player in a long term is Amarok 2, but not yet. It has still many performance issues. Maybe by Amarok 2.4 or 2.5 those will get fixed.

Who likes Amarok 1, Clementine can be a good option, also there is ororok, inspired by Amarok 1.4 and foobar2000. Both using Qt.

Comment

Working...
                      X