Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggest a small laptop/netbook with some awsome battery life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest a small laptop/netbook with some awsome battery life!

Suggest me a small laptop/netbook with some awesome battery life!

I want to pick up a small portable laptop before I go back to college. I do not care about 3D games, I just want a killer battery life. And I am rather tired of laptops saying they last for 8 hours and in reality they last for 3.5 hours.

I have only use Ubuntu so far but I am willing to kick around other distributions for some extra battery life. I really hate having to lug around my charger and hunt for free outlets.

I was looking at this Asus 1001p laptop BUT it doesnt come with linux. I would rather not picking up a windows device but I really want a good battery

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out

Well, for decent performance the current Macbooks do get (near) the advertised hours (7-8h depending on model).

Some of the thin'n'lights also get similar numbers, but at much worse performance.

Comment

Damn 1 min edit.

Of course depends on your definition of small; to me 13 inches is small.

Comment

I will pass on MACs. Ya I would consider 13in still small. Probably has something to do with me being 6'2''

Comment

Here in Germany some model of Acer's TravelMate 8[3-5]71 are offered with Linux. The most attractive on of those is imho the 8471, which is 14.1 inch and comes with an Intel CULV Dual-Core.
          There's also a model of Lenovo's Thinkpad Edge which is offered with FreeDos, which I personally find very attractive (mainly because it's a ThinkPad :P). It costs just 399€ and has an Athlon Neo DualCore, which is not quite as energy-efficient as the Intel CULVs, but still should be good for ~4-5 hours of light usage.

Comment

Working...
          X