Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to optimally use Intel i3-530's graphics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to optimally use Intel i3-530's graphics?

Hi, I recently build a new PC based on ASUS P7H55DEVO and Intel i3-530. I have installed openSUSE 11.2 on it and have also updated mesa to 7.8 rc and x.org server to 1.8 rc.

I use KDE4 and my problem is that I am unable to use desktop effects with OpenGL backend; though I'm able to use it with XRender backend but the performance is not satisfactory (though it has improved since last mesa rc update). I'm able to run glx gears with good results.

After upgrading x-server I had removed all traces of xorg.conf from the /etc/X11 folder.

Can someone has any hint about how my x server is being configured? What can I do have desktop effects with OpenGL backend working? I'll provide any other information you may require.
    Waiting eagerly...

Regards,

Yogesh M

Forgot to mention that I've also upgraded kernel to latest stable and all the packages come from openSUSE repositories.

Comment

Seeing updated packages for mesa 7.8, I updated it and x.org and now OpenGL and desktop effects work and that too with good performance; though I am now having random crashes most notably from konqueror and systemsettings. They both crash X when run through menus but surprisingly run all right when run from within konsole and die alongwith X later after some usage. Maybe I shall also wait for final xserver 1.8 release and maybe also for mesa 7.8.1.

Comment

Working...
      X