No announcement yet.

I want to help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't you ask Red Hat? Or were you privately funded?

Comment

Well, my current employment is unrelated. I've been poking around with the drivers for a bit in my spare time, but haven't really had the time due to uni work to accomplish much with it. Was really just posting here in the offchance either AMD or redhat felt they could use another man.

Comment

I don't know about AMD, but I read something about employement under the getting involved section on the Fedora website. Something along the lines of significant that had to be done in the past... Check it out

Comment

Finding work hacking on X doesn't seem hard: http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg/201...ry/049165.html

But I guess this means first starting to contribute and making a name for yourself, not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
            Finding work hacking on X doesn't seem hard: http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg/201...ry/049165.html

But I guess this means first starting to contribute and making a name for yourself, not the other way around.
            You were talking to Dustman, right? Because I sure as hell didn't mention wanting to do that, lol xD

Comment

Right, it was in response to DuSTman

Comment

Hey now I know what the blit module is for, lol; it's just a 2D engine moving stuff around in the RAM :') xD

Comment

BTW, that HowVideoCardsWork doc tells me nothing about shaders

Comment

I think that document probably predates shaders. Check out the shader ISA document.

Comment

Wasn't there talk about releasing the old r200 programming manuals, for use as an introduction to writing drivers? Is it still on the back burner?

Comment

Working...
                      X