Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluendo's New Codecs Support VDPAU, VA-API

Phoronix: Fluendo's New Codecs Support VDPAU, VA-API

Fluendo, the company that sponsors the development of G-Streamer and also offers legal codecs at a nominal fee for different proprietary audio/video formats on Linux and other operating systems, has announced the release of a new codec pack. Codec Pack Release 11 from Fluendo offers a variety of improvements to existing codecs, a AC3 Dolby Digital audio decoder, and new hardware acceleration support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Figures that my support ended last month. Time to extend again!

Comment

A little pedantic I know, but it's "GStreamer", not "G-Streamer".

Comment

Now if there was a decent driver for pouslbo my netbook would be great!

Comment

It must be really funny to buy something that you get for free too... If it would be at least a BluRay player i could accept it, but buying codecs must be a joke. I would try it if it would for free but nothing more.

@descendent87

Just try:

Comment

Bah. "Offers legal codecs" suggests that the other codecs (mplayer, VLC) are illegal. Why the hell would Phoronix imply something like that.

Comment

Are unlicensed codecs legal in the country where the article was written ?

Maybe "licensed" would be a more diplomatic term ?
              Test signature

Comment

I guess a more precise phrase would be "unlicensed use of codecs" rather than "use of unlicensed codecs".

Codecs don't violate patents, people violate patents
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  Codecs don't violate patents, people violate patents
                  And software patents violate common sense, so they get what they deserve :-P Sorry, couldn't resist, I actually like the idea of patents in general, but the US system is FUBAR!

Comment

Patents in general is an economical tool. In software specifically is cancern.

Comment

Working...
                    X