Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PTS Live 2010.1 softpedia link wont complete download.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTS Live 2010.1 softpedia link wont complete download.

Hi Michael,

I just wanted to inform you that I cant find another mirror for PTS Live 2010.1 The only one is the mirror Softpedia has on its site located in EU somewhere. The problem is that for me at my location this is an incredibly slow mirror, 17-22 KB/s, and at about 200-300MB it stops, and simply wont resume. I've been trying this link for the last 4 days and I havent been able to get it.

Also there are plenty of torrent trackers but nobody is seeding it right now. It looks to me like I'm not going to be able to download this unless if somebody starts seeding a torrent tracker, (and lets me know which one is being seeded) or another FTP or HTTP mirror is put up.

Does anybody have any other link I try? This one still isnt working, and I really do have an urgent need to perform some benchmarks.

Comment

There's no other mirrors besides Softpedia that I know of, but some of the torrents for 2010.1 should work. Though those are unofficial torrents.

If you are in an urgent rush, just setup an Ubuntu installation or your favorite distribution and then install PTS 2.4 or 2.6a2 atop that.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        There's no other mirrors besides Softpedia that I know of, but some of the torrents for 2010.1 should work. Though those are unofficial torrents.

If you are in an urgent rush, just setup an Ubuntu installation or your favorite distribution and then install PTS 2.4 or 2.6a2 atop that.
        I've tried 5 different torrents, and nobody is seeding right now.

Thanks for your time. Thats actually what I've already started doing. This LiveDVD would have been so much simpler and the test results would have been more comparable in mind. Do you plan to put up another mirror? Or is anybody else interested in hosting a mirror? (So that I can get the actual iso)

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
          Do you plan to put up another mirror? Or is anybody else interested in hosting a mirror? (So that I can get the actual iso)
          I don't have the bandwidth to put up a high-traffic mirror, which is why I allowed Softpedia to host it. I'd love for there to be more mirrors, however, but I haven't had the time to contact any other projects asking if they are interested in hosting a mirror -- volunteers though are welcome.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

I don't have the bandwidth to put up a high-traffic mirror, which is why I allowed Softpedia to host it. I'd love for there to be more mirrors, however, but I haven't had the time to contact any other projects asking if they are interested in hosting a mirror -- volunteers though are welcome.
            I think that is a great idea. What about Distrowatch? If think PTS Live can definitely be considered a distro of sorts.

Comment

Distrowatch doesn't host any ISOs as far as I know...
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Distrowatch doesn't host any ISOs as far as I know...
                Oops, Nevermind then.

Comment

Working...
                X