Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Heaven 2.0 Linux Performance

Phoronix: Unigine Heaven 2.0 Linux Performance

Yesterday the 2.0 release of the Unigine Heaven tech demo was released for Microsoft Windows users. This Windows release was greeted finally by the OpenGL Linux release of this impressive demo too. While we had published benchmarks and screenshots of the Unigine Heaven Linux release, this was based off of an internal build that we had received from Unigine Corp back in December -- long before the 2.0 release came about with its optimizations, updated engine, and new artwork. Due to this, we have now published a new set of Unigine Heaven performance numbers for Linux from a selection of ATI and NVIDIA graphics cards along with many new screenshots.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Tesselation is also possible on ATI with:
    Code:
    <item name="gl_render_use_amd_vertex_shader_tessellator" type="int">1</item>
    in data/heaven_2.0.cfg

OFF

ON

OFF

ON

OFF

ON

OFF

ON

Movement is not really easy however with mouse. A tiny bit better is using the cursor keys especially with that low framerate.

My nvidia 8800 GTS 512 box compared against the GTX 275:

Comment

Did you turned on that tesselation on 8800GTS ?

Comment

No, used an ATI HD 4550 which is really slow. But below 1024x768 screenshots do not really look good. The benchmarks ran on another system.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          No, used an ATI HD 4550 which is really slow. But below 1024x768 screenshots do not really look good. The benchmarks ran on another system.
          Similarly slow on my HD5850 actually. Well the max fps are better, but the min fps are terrible. Trying to install the Ubuntu beta drivers to see how that works out.

Comment

Maybe you should click on Camera. Also now you can use Tesselation with your card and you are still not happy?

Comment

Thanks Kano to find this setting for AMD Tessellation. This work fine with my 5770, fglrx 10.2.
              But this is slow, about 8 fps in 1280x1024 for the dragon place view.
              To recover some frame rate I need to click the Tessellation button and set Factor and Distance to 0.6. With this setting the effect is still nice at 20 fps.

Comment

Well the Ubuntu beta drivers turn the benchmark into a psychedelics show

Comment

Originally posted by Raven3x7 View Post
                  Well the Ubuntu beta drivers turn the benchmark into a psychedelics show
                  Na they work, it's just that ATI owners that use linux have to be on hallucinogens. Sorry, just too good of a setup to resist.

Comment

wow, it works 5fps with tesselation on but I was almost sure, that you can run it only on HD58xx hardware

Comment

Working...
                    X