Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unigine Heaven 2.0 Launches For Linux

Default Unigine Heaven 2.0 Launches For Linux

Phoronix: Unigine Heaven 2.0 Launches For Linux

Unigine Heaven has finally arrived! Unigine Heaven, a tech demo / benchmark that offers heavenly graphics and was released for Windows 7 back in October with a DirectX 11 renderer, is now available on Linux with its OpenGL 3.2 renderer. As we suspected, the Linux support has arrived with the release of Unigine Heaven 2.0, which includes an updated Windows binary as well...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODA5NA

"The hold up has been the ATI Catalyst driver not supporting the OpenGL tessellation properly in their Linux driver with the Radeon HD 5000 "Evergreen" graphics cards, but this Linux build today actually comes without tessellation support. We have waited about five months, but in the end, Unigine Corp ended up turning off the tessellation support. "

AMD=FAIL....

i think openGL4.0 is needet...

and amd is wondering abaut the market share of linux 1-2% (5% in Real but amd calculate on OEM hardware sale)in the gaming market.

Means Windows First and DirctX first and yes they still wondering about the 1-5% market share.

dx10 hardware is 5 years old now and there is still no openGL3 game to buy on any platforms!
    dx11 is now 6 monds old and there isn't any openGL4.0 driver...

in the end they really work hard to kill openGL!

I am sure that game dev will tell you that opengl 2 games can use the same features than opengl 3 games by using the backported extensions. So basically the hardware can be fully used that way too. In theory you could even use tesselation with the AMD_vertex_shader_tesselator extension, but thats limited to level 15 not 64 like DX11. So i guess that's why it was not used.

I hope there will be a fixed version out soon that improves compatibily with Linux distributions. You should not be forced to use a specific one to use a game engine. Then you could use Win too, when you have to leave the default Linux install you use for all other cases.

I fixed that for you...

The OpenGL 4.0 spec is almost 2 weeks old and there isn't any openGL4.0 driver...

in the end they really work hard to kill openGL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    I am sure that game dev will tell you that opengl 2 games can use the same features than opengl 3 games by using the backported extensions. So basically the hardware can be fully used that way too. In theory you could even use tesselation with the AMD_vertex_shader_tesselator extension, but thats limited to level 15 not 64 like DX11. So i guess that's why it was not used.
    "I am sure that game dev will tell you that opengl 2 games can use the same features than opengl 3 games by using the backported extensions."

VS

"AMD_vertex_shader_tesselator extension, but thats limited to level 15 not 64 like DX11."

Means first you talk bullshit and then you do it right and the right side means it isn't work!

so if i'm a Game dev and i use OpenGL2+exstansions i can't use my DX11 hardware so you are a liar!

"AMD_vertex_shader_tesselator limited to level 15"
    I think thats the 8 Year old tesslatorlike the one in the xbox360 or the first one trueform or so and not the DX11 one. So thats means i can use my DX10.1 hardware if i use amd-only extansions
    but no game and no software use it.

openGL4 do it right? like openGL3 based hardware in 5 years now not only 1 openGL3 game?

o yes blizzard work on an WOW for openGL3..... in WoW world means this 9 year old dirctX9b style grafic because it makes more money if everyone can play the game on 20 year old pc-hardware or xbox360 or ps3...

i never ever should buy a grafic-card again......

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    I fixed that for you...
    i calculate on hardware not on fake release plans of the kronos group!

dx10 hardware openGL3 need 1-2 years to come out and the driver needs more time.

in the end you buy a dy10 based hardware and wait 3 years... and then 5 years later no grame us it!

and DX11 based hardware are out in the wild for 6 monds and longer--.

o yes... you still have to wait to long and after that you will never see any game!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    i never ever should buy a grafic-card again......
    Or just switch to windows.

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Or just switch to windows.
    good point..... i also can just shot a bulled in my head!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    i calculate on hardware not on fake release plans of the kronos group!
    Sure, but then don't complain about not having any games written against specs from Khronos either.

The OpenGL specs have now more or less caught up with DX specs, and presumably will stay caught up in the future, so you shouldn't see the same kind of delays.

@Qaridarium

Just wait to see if OpenGL 4 features will show up in OpenGL 2 extensions. It could not take that long.