Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Heaven Shows What Linux Gaming Can Look Like

Phoronix: Unigine Heaven Shows What Linux Gaming Can Look Like

Our friends over at Unigine Corp love to push the bounds of graphics realism in their Unigine Engine, which continues to be one of the most advanced commercial game engines, and right now is certainly the most advanced game engine for Linux. While there are not many game studios actually shipping products based on Unigine's technology right now, Unigine Corp is known for producing a couple technology demos and working with us on the Phoronix Test Suite. Their Unigine Sanctuary benchmark was phenomenal, their Unigine Tropics benchmark was even better yet and set a new Linux OpenGL precedent, and now Unigine Heaven takes it unbelievably further. Today Unigine Corp is finally unveiling the Linux version of Unigine Heaven with its OpenGL 3.2 renderer. We have had our hands on a pre-release copy of Unigine Heaven and so now we are able to share our thoughts on this impressive benchmark / tech demo along with performance numbers for an assortment of ATI / NVIDIA graphics cards.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally everybody can test it on Linux not only Phoronix. I really hated that it was delayed over and over again and not even mails revealed till when the casual users have to wait for it. I really want to see Tessellation on Linux too, can't be the case that you should need Win for it

Comment

Can't wait to put it though it's paces on a GTX 480 later this week.

Comment

LOL, it's broken with my HD 5750 and Ubuntu Lucid beta fglrx drivers. All I get is psychedelics.

Comment

Just ran it on max detail on a 250GTS. Looks good, suffers from a strange micro stutter while running on my system but that could be the NV beta drivers.

Unigine
          Heaven Benchmark v2.0
          FPS:
          Scores:
          Min FPS:
          Max FPS:
          Hardware
          Binary:
          Linux 64bit GCC 4.3.2 Release Mar 21 2010
          Operating system:
          Linux 2.6.31-20-generic x86_64
          CPU model:
          Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
          CPU flags:
          3825MHz MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 HTT
          GPU model:
          GeForce GTS 250 PCI Express 195.36.07.03 512Mb
          Settings
          Render:
          opengl
          Mode:
          1280x1024 fullscreen
          Shaders:
          high
          Textures:
          high
          Filter:
          trilinear
          Anisotropy:
          16x
          Occlusion:
          enabled
          Refraction:
          enabled
          Volumetric:
          enabled
          Replication: disabled
          Tessellation: disabled

Comment

You are lucky that it even starts. That's definitely not always the case. Thats the problem when a system is not tested by others. It runs with Kanotix 64, but funnyly only the x86 binary.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              You are lucky that it even starts. That's definitely not always the case. Thats the problem when a system is not tested by others. It runs with Kanotix 64, but funnyly only the x86 binary.
              Works fine on openSUSE 11.2. 32 and 64 bit / nvidia latest officials and the 3.3 GL drivers

Comment

Well you can be sure i will NOT install openSUSE!

Comment

Time to try it out

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                    Well you can be sure i will NOT install openSUSE!
                    I know Windows users that feel the same way.

Comment

Working...
                    X