No announcement yet.

Unigine Heaven Shows What Linux Gaming Can Look Like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a clean install of the 10.2 drivers and got it to work this time. It's like 1fps slower than the W7 OpenGL run. I can confirm that AA causes some weird distortion.

Comment

Tesselation seems to cause a huge performance drop on my 5850. Will look into it more later. Could be cause i'm using 10.1

Comment

Originally posted by mugginz View Post

Originally posted by EarthMind View Post
        Despite from a few issues on Linux it's an awesome demo to try out. In times like this I wish I had bought a high end Nvidia card . ATI, please fix your drivers
        With any luck fglrx will get fixed soon. I really want to buy an ATI card.
        Not only should they fix their drivers, they should also make them available for distros like Fedora. It's ridiculous that they can't publish drivers for newer Xorg versions.

Comment

With all respect to ATI and their open source policy, they are not an option for me. I prefer really working closed source drivers that can accelerate 2D, 3D and video.
          Have anyone tried this demo on something over GTX 250 ?
          GTX 260,275 ?
          Also, it will be very interesting to see SLI results.

Comment

Antialiasing crashed the demo for me, running cat 10.2 on ubuntu 9.10. Also got sound stuttering =(

FPS: 19.6
            Scores: 494
            Min FPS: 7.8
            Max FPS: 50.2

Binary: Linux 32bit GCC 4.3.2 Release Mar 21 2010
            Operating system: Linux 2.6.31-20-generic-pae i686
            CPU model: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor
            CPU flags: 3214MHz MMX+ 3DNow!+ SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSE4A HTT
            GPU model: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series 3.2.9551 Compatibility Profile Context 1024Mb

Render: opengl
            Mode: 1440x900 fullscreen
            Shaders: high
            Textures: high
            Filter: trilinear
            Anisotropy: 16x
            Occlusion: enabled
            Refraction: enabled
            Volumetric: enabled
            Replication: disabled
            Tessellation: disabled

Comment

So as hotfix for Debian Lenny (hopefully Unigine will update their installer soon):

Code:
              sh Unigine_Heaven-2.0.run
              wget -qO- http://kanotix.com/files/fix/heaven/heaven.tar.gz|tar xz
              This adds libopenal 1.11.753 + updates the startup files to use those. I really hate to do that on my own...

Comment

Linux:

Windows:

Comment

Originally posted by n0nsense View Post
                  With all respect to ATI and their open source policy, they are not an option for me. I prefer really working closed source drivers that can accelerate 2D, 3D and video.
                  Have anyone tried this demo on something over GTX 250 ?
                  GTX 260,275 ?
                  Also, it will be very interesting to see SLI results.

See here

Comment

GTX 275 is not really so fast that i would consider it as good upgrade. only 11 fps more than my 8800 GTS 512 @ 1920x1200. interestingly that's the first game that gains speed using firegl opengl renderer with ati, impressive gain from 8.3 to 9.3 fps @ 1024x768 windowed - well my card is so slow

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      GTX 275 is not really so fast that i would consider it as good upgrade. only 11 fps more than my 8800 GTS 512 @ 1920x1200. interestingly that's the first game that gains speed using firegl opengl renderer with ati, impressive gain from 8.3 to 9.3 fps @ 1024x768 windowed - well my card is so slow
                      I plan to add runs for the 8800GT after work and then with a GTX 480 hopefully this weekend. I suspect that the processor is actually a bit of a bottleneck given that it pegs a single core. Shame it's not multithreaded.

Comment

Working...
                      X