No announcement yet.

ati 5770 or still a nvidia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're not changing policies or anything like that, I'm just talking about the effect of leaks on the individual developers next time they are deciding whether to speak up or not. We reboot the beta program periodically but I don't think that completely compensates.

We've never been real big on naming stuff in engineering; I think the devs refer to it as the "new 2D acceleration architecture". AAA was an obvious option, but apparently the name is already taken.

The new 2D accel is going to be on by default, so it doesn't really need a name anyways
    Test signature

Comment

• How exactly do you get into the beta testing program for ATI? I would really like to join.

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        The new 2D accel is going to be on by default, so it doesn't really need a name anyways
        Oh but you're SO WRONG!!! Everything needs a fancy marketable name, that's the law of marketing! I'm partial to "2Delicious" myself, mostly because I'm feeling hungry.

Or how about "Too D"? Or "2Damn Fast"? Or "Blast Processing"? (oops, that last one was already abused many years ago)

Comment

• Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
          How exactly do you get into the beta testing program for ATI? I would really like to join.
          First, I think you need a username that doesn't include the word "idiot" in it

Comment

• Originally posted by GoremanX View Post
            Oh but you're SO WRONG!!! Everything needs a fancy marketable name, that's the law of marketing! I'm partial to "2Delicious" myself, mostly because I'm feeling hungry.

Or how about "Too D"? Or "2Damn Fast"? Or "Blast Processing"? (oops, that last one was already abused many years ago)
            Well, I guess maybe the marketing department will come up with something.

If it has to have a name, you could pretend it's an episode of Friends and call it The One that isn't XAA. That should line up with the way you turn it off.
            Test signature

Comment

• In light of this new upcoming 2D acceleration, maybe I'll stick to this HD 5750 for a while longer and see how it does with the new driver.

openSUSE 11.3 is just around the corner! I hope Catalyst 10.7 will support it!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoremanX View Post
                In light of this new upcoming 2D acceleration, maybe I'll stick to this HD 5750 for a while longer and see how it does with the new driver.

openSUSE 11.3 is just around the corner! I hope Catalyst 10.7 will support it!
                doesn't have 10.5 early look support for 11.3? *so tired right now*

Comment

• I don't think so... it might just happen to *work* but that's not the same thing
                  Test signature

Comment

• well, as a gentoo user... everything works. But not always without some fiddling

Comment

• Hallo all

I haven't been here for a while got some personal problems and a lot of raiding in wow .
                      I just wanted to give a bit of a update how its running these days
                      Still got the 2x 5770 in my pc .
                      Only not in crossfire for all the people who thinking about crossfire .... just no it slows down more then it boost .
                      With the new kubuntu 10.4 it runs great imo .
                      The problems I had or have with sometimes a blackscreen on boot is maby the problem of a bad lcd screen but I'm not sure .
                      I whas preparing for a but load of problems but it runs good imo .
                      I even run a dualbox setup with wow in kubuntu with the cards .
                      Haven't tested full hd movies yet because I have a popcorn hour.
                      Ati improved the last years .

I hope this helps some people .

Greets

Kamelot

Comment

Working...
                      X