No announcement yet.

Phoronix To Tour Chernobyl Nuclear Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The building is Prypiat Theathe, dont ask me how did I get there, it was difficult (climbing from bottom to roof etc.)

I was approx 6 hours in exclusion zone.

Comming back for sure, wanna spend much more time in prypiat, other places are more or less boring, but Prypiat is hit of my life.
    Just send papers for permission, looking for bike rent and next plan is to stay there from evening till morning, I believe those approx 10 hours will completely change my view of fear and selfconfidence.

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    How long ago did you go to the exclusion zone? What did you do for a guide?

Where abouts in Pripyat is this hallway/building?

This is in the one main "community" building (its Soviet name escapes my mind at the moment) with the auditorium and behind it was the political posters and such... How did you get up this high though in the auditorium backroom?

Comment

Originally posted by damianime View Post
      Comming back for sure, wanna spend much more time in prypiat, other places are more or less boring, but Prypiat is hit of my life.
      Just send papers for permission, looking for bike rent and next plan is to stay there from evening till morning, I believe those approx 10 hours will completely change my view of fear and selfconfidence.
      Yeah, I really want to go back there sometime to do some more exploring... Ideally with a different guide next time that will let me have more free control over going anywhere and spend maybe a couple days in the exclusion zone.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I got in with group of people and guide. Than, after we arrived in Prypiat, I asked him to let me go, told him that I will pay extra money.
        Didn't want anything and approved my request, so I went all by alone. And I was scared to death;]] The reason why is that while you're exploring buildings, there is always some noise, wailing wind, glass broking sounds, door claping. Even my sh.. was scared

But definetly worth every fear, must reccomend to everyone intrested in Prypiat - explore alone!

Yeah, I really want to go back there sometime to do some more exploring... Ideally with a different guide next time that will let me have more free control over going anywhere and spend maybe a couple days in the exclusion zone.

Comment

I got in with group of people and guide. Than, after we arrived in Prypiat, I asked him to let me go, told him that I will pay extra money.
          Didn't want anything and approved my request, so I went all by alone. And I was scared to death;]] The reason why is that while you're exploring buildings, there is always some noise, wailing wind, glass broking sounds, door claping. Even my sh.. was scared

But definetly worth every fear, must reccomend to everyone intrested in Prypiat - explore alone!
          What was the tour guide / company you used?
          Michael Larabel

Comment

What was the tour guide / company you used?
            Kiev Tour(SoloEast Travel), but I DON'T RECCOMEND THIS COMPANY!!!

Reason is, that they told us via email, that we will be alone in the group (me and my four friend) plus maximum two canadians. And the reality was, that we arrived to a meetpoint and the place was crowded with 50 stupid americans, who totaly destroyed the atmosphere, loud laughing, stupid jokes, they wanted to stop in every fucking place, literally we were stoping on every corner, I was SO FUCKING dissapointed, you have no idea.. and that's why I need to go there again, becouse of them, we had only 1 hour in Prypiat... I tried to tell to guide, he didn't listen.

To hell with SoloEast Travel company.

Comment

Kiev Tour(SoloEast Travel), but I DON'T RECCOMEND THIS COMPANY!!!.
              I used them twice for Chernobyl and car transportation...

Yeah I am trying to find another guide for next time.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

That's one of the saddest pages in humans history, people need nuclear energy but still can't protect themselves from the consequences. When something happens people learn that lesson and then add another level of protection but then again something happens and shows that everything can go out of control again and Japan has shown it recently.

Comment

From local news feeds: security in chernobyl area will be tightened.
                  Problem is in human society structure.. in many dangerous areas and disaster reports structure not focusing on safety but on profits.

Comment

Working...
                  X