No announcement yet.

Phoronix To Tour Chernobyl Nuclear Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geiger counter? Cloth tied to a metal nut is too good for a modern stalker?

Comment

Originally posted by loonyphoenix View Post
      Wow, this is random. My first thought was, "Wait, WHAT?". My second thought was the same... My third thought was that I live A LOT closer, yet I have never had any desire to visit that ghastly place.
      Exactly my thoughts.

Comment

Geez, and my girlfriend thinks I'm mad for applying for a place on the US government's tours of the nuclear test sites in Nevada .

Good luck and remember to take plenty of vodka to protect you against the radiation . If I was still living in Britain I'd fly over for the day!

Comment

Originally posted by movieman View Post
          I'm mad for applying for a place on the US government's tours of the nuclear test sites in Nevada
          How does one go about doing that?
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I think there are some other sites you can visit around America, the 'Atomic Tourist' web site has a list, but it doesn't seem to have been updated in a few years.

Comment

I remember that day

Hey Mike if you are going to Chernobyl remember to visit Chernobyl-2 the "Russian Woodpecker" also known as "Eye of Moscow". This is very big shortwave over horizontal radar "Duga-2" type directed to West Europe.
              It was build to detect the planes and rockets flying from USA and West Europe. The Chernobyl powerhouse was mainly built to power this secret gigantic radar. Nowadays you can see it on Google Earth or maps near to Chernobyl complex The fairy tales for bad children say the radar operated on the same frequencies as human brain. Rumors say it was designed to make Western soldiers insane and lazy in case of attack from the West.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                ... and just like that, the Annual Phoronix "it blowed up real good" Tour was born.
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  ... and just like that, the Annual Phoronix "it blowed up real good" Tour was born.
                  Great idea, John.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

As a side effect of this trip, now when you click on images within articles to get a larger view of the image, you are taken into (right now a very basic) PHXCMS image viewer where you can easily flip between images.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Some old guy sitting behind a counter asked to tell you this michael. When you reach the zone, find someone named nitrate, he will have a special delivery package that you need to get back to me. Beware of some weird looking dogs that might be roaming around the area. That is all, and he said to tell you good hunting.

Comment

Working...
                      X