Heroes of Newearth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marek View Post
    I've committed a fix. You may re-test the game if you like.
    It's working great here as well. Thanks for your work, it's so good to finally be able to drop fglrx ( + ancient X + ancient Kernel) .

Comment

Zhick, don't you see major memory leaks ?
      I can't play 2 matches of HoN or I swap too much and it's unplayable.

Comment

This actually happens with fglrx as well.

Comment

Originally posted by maxi_jac View Post
          Zhick, don't you see major memory leaks ?
          I can't play 2 matches of HoN or I swap too much and it's unplayable.
          That's actually what I got with fglrx. It would suck up tons of memory, and eventually start swapping, making it unplayable. I pretty much had to restart X everytime I wanted to play a game of HoN.
          Haven't run across anything similar with r300g yet, but that might be because I rarely play more than one game in a row (mainly because I suck, and get frustrated very fast ). I guess I'll have to play two matches of HoN now, for science.
          But are you sure it's not HoN that's eating up all your memory? It does use alot of it, even without fglrx-memory-leaking. If you've got less than 2 gigs that might be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
            That's actually what I got with fglrx. It would suck up tons of memory, and eventually start swapping, making it unplayable. I pretty much had to restart X everytime I wanted to play a game of HoN.
            Haven't run across anything similar with r300g yet, but that might be because I rarely play more than one game in a row (mainly because I suck, and get frustrated very fast ). I guess I'll have to play two matches of HoN now, for science.
            But are you sure it's not HoN that's eating up all your memory? It does use alot of it, even without fglrx-memory-leaking. If you've got less than 2 gigs that might be it.
            I'm on fglrx and I don't have any memory issues. And I do play 2 or more games in a row. I got 4gb of memory.

Comment

Originally posted by cjr2k3 View Post
              I'm on fglrx and I don't have any memory issues. And I do play 2 or more games in a row. I got 4gb of memory.
              Which Catalyst? I guess you're talking about a recent Catalyst. I was using 9.3 (since that is the last one supporting my card), Xorg-Server 1.5 and Kernel 2.6.28, with most other packages being very recent. Quite the Frankenstein-system . And I've only got 2 Gigs of ram, so memory was scarce even without memory-leaks.
              But this is offtopic anyway, the Thread is about HoN on foss-drivers.

@maxi_jac: I just played some HoN again, and I'm still not seeing any (significant?) memory-leaks. When I start up HoN and join a game my memory is pretty much completely full, with some minimal swap usage (not by HoN I think though), but it doesn't grow beyond that.

Comment

I don't seem to get the huge memory usage I got yesterday... But I've changed settings, maybe it was the anisotropic filtering, I don't know.

Comment

Anisotropic filtering has no impact on memory usage at all, it must be something else. Also if it happens on both closed and OSS drivers, it's probably a deficiency/bug in the game itself.

Comment

Since a few days/commits my HoN-screen remains completely black with r300g. Is anyone experiencing the same? I'd like to bisect this, but I'd like to make sure it's a real bug before doing so because I've got no idea when the last good revision was, so it'd be quite tedious.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
                      Since a few days/commits my HoN-screen remains completely black with r300g. Is anyone experiencing the same? I'd like to bisect this, but I'd like to make sure it's a real bug before doing so because I've got no idea when the last good revision was, so it'd be quite tedious.
                      We don't know about this regression, feel free to bisect and file a bug.

Comment

Working...
                      X