Heroes of Newearth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rob2687 View Post
    It's running now because somebody put in dummy shaders so it doesn't crash when it hits the unimplemented stuff. As you can see there seems to be a lot of stuff that needs to be done still.
    Actually except for the missing models (ok, that's a pretty big except, but anyway) I can't think of anything that's missing.

Comment

The player and building models are rendered now using r300g.

It also works with the shader settings on low and the rest of the graphics settings on high. Setting the shader quality any higher causes a crash.

Comment

It also works with the shader settings on low and the rest of the graphics settings on high. Setting the shader quality any higher causes a crash.
        Wow, r300g seems to be improving *really* quick. Any screenshots?

Comment

w00t awesome. Byebye FGLRX.

Comment

Thanks, it's great to see this driver is getting somewhere. I think the GLSL branch emulation made the models appear (i.e. replaced dummy shaders with real ones).

maxi_jac> Could you please tell me what asserts you had to remove?

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
              Thanks, it's great to see this driver is getting somewhere. I think the GLSL branch emulation made the models appear (i.e. replaced dummy shaders with real ones).

maxi_jac> Could you please tell me what asserts you had to remove?
              I don't remember quite well, sorry, the git master now fails with HoN and I don't know how to revert to yesterday.

If I recall right there was 2 asserts, in r300_fs.c and r300_vs.c failing because of index>=16... sorry for the lack of information, I don't remember more.

Comment

OK, I've managed to get it working again.

In fact asserts fail only when HoN is set to Shader:Normal, no assert at all fail with Shaders:Low .
                When some asserts are disabled, the game works with shaders to normal with a lot of "Out of hw temporaries" in console.

Asserts failing with Shaders Normal:
                hon-x86_64: r300_fs.c*:59*:*r300_shader_read_fs_inputs: L'assertion ?*index < 16*? a ?chou?.
                Code:
                case TGSI_SEMANTIC_GENERIC:
                                //assert(index < ATTR_GENERIC_COUNT);
                                fs_inputs->generic[index] = i;
                                break;

hon-x86_64: r300_vs.c*:73*:*r300_shader_read_vs_outputs: L'assertion ?*index < 16*? a ?chou?.
                Code:
                case TGSI_SEMANTIC_GENERIC:
                                //assert(index < ATTR_GENERIC_COUNT);
                                vs_outputs->generic[index] = i;
                                break;

Comment

I've committed a fix. You may re-test the game if you like.

Comment

Yep, with 32 it no longers fails the asserts

Comment

Working...
                    X