Google Gets Into The 3D Driver Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dfx. View Post
    google scaring me more and more each day with more of proprietary crap - maybe it turns evil after all...
    Heh, I've been saying google is a wolf in sheeps clothing for years. Fanboi blindness obscures seeing what the real google is all about.

Comment

isn't that more like a encapsulation than a driver?

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      One question is what happens when running on a system which has both OpenGL and DirectX support. Presumably there will be an option to choose the graphics stack ?
      i doubt it. it will be used only for windows where directx always exist and opengl may not at all. nothing to gain...

Comment

Originally posted by dfx. View Post
        google scaring me more and more each day with more of proprietary crap - maybe it turns evil after all...
        It's a BSD licensre, idiot.

Furthermore it's WebGL on DirectX, not WebGL turns into DirectX. It might surprise you but it forces devs to make a WebGL and not a DirectX app.

The fact that Microsoft wants to block OpenGL adoption with the latest Vista and 7 releases by nerving speed, Google just made OpenGL viable on Windows and now Windows needs its own sort of Wine to run WebGL.

How about "Thank you Google, for this epicness", but no... "Goole is evil!"

Yeah so evil they have:
        -blocked IE6 users from YouTube
        -promoted WebGL on Windows
        -created Android (Linux) that kicks Windows Mobile's ass, and it's FLOSS
        -payed Crossover to make Photoshop work under Wine
        -Started the GSOC, which has brought a lot of good shit all across the FLOSS board, including X.org and Haiku
        -pioneered the middle finger towards the China government and choose for human rights instead by first notifying users what had been block and now Google stopped sencoring entirely
        -etc
        -etc
        -etc

Google rules, don't lock you into product and destroy anything they collect about you within a year automatically.

Don't like Google? Stop using it then...

Comment

Is it possible, that since the majority of the (chrome) market will be using this, that something tuned to that would not run / would run badly on real opengl?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            Is it possible, that since the majority of the (chrome) market will be using this, that something tuned to that would not run / would run badly on real opengl?
            yes, absolutely, an possibilty.
            you always have this problem if developers write to an implementation and not to a specification.

Comment

Yeah, that was why I thought an ANGLE(DX) / OpenGL switch would be a good idea.
              Test signature

Comment

did i just contradict myself?

Comment

It's a sign of an open mind. Be proud
                  Test signature

Comment

Not only is this bad news, but it's not really appropriate for a Linux site. =P

"they're only targeting Windows users with this code and potentially mobile platform" - well durr, this is *for* Windows users, and only effects them, so, why do Linux users care?

Comment

Why *should* Linux users care, I meant...

Comment

Working...
                      X