Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    In theory yes, there is one here:

Maybe soon in experimental. Did not try it but looked at it for errors and found a few which i mailed to the maintainer. Basically there is no blacklisting done of the radeon module which is needed when radeon is compiled with kms on by default. Also the manpages created by debian are completely outdated, the "supported" chips in the fglrx manpage are not supported anymore since fglrx 9-4 and there is no fglrxrc file. the dkms package does some things i do not understand too... I really think that the U packageing is more advanced, all i need is a download url for the ati-installer to update my script.
    @Kano: I received a 404 error when attempting to follow you link; no big deal. In response to your URL, did you try this:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source...+build/1570405 ??????

Comment

The pre-release appears to be in Debian sid now, but only for i386. I only checked the "fglrx-driver" package but I figure if that one's there then the rest of them are too. It's labelled as 10-3 btw.

Comment

The source is the same for i386+amd64. When i386 is available then a binary upload was done. When you compare Debian with Ubuntu then binary uploads are not possible with Ubuntu - in theory thats even cleaner than Debian as builddep are tested with all arch. You could do a

apt-get build-dep package
        apt-get source -b package

when you have got a deb-src entry in /etc/apt/sources.list to get build-deps + source it on your system.

Comment

Maybe I'm using the version-specification feature incorrectly? (I tried other strings for the version, without the slashes on the colon or tilde, without the 1: prefix, without the 1: prefix or the ~prerelease suffix. They all download 10-2.

$ sudo apt-get source -b fglrx-driver=1\:10-3\~prerelease-1

this was at the very end of the (10-2) package build's output:

dpkg-genchanges -b >../fglrx-driver_10-2-2_amd64.changes
          dpkg-genchanges: binary-only upload - not including any source code
          dpkg-buildpackage: binary only upload (no source included)
          W: Ignore unavailable version '1:10-3~prerelease-1' of package 'fglrx-driver'

Any ideas?

As an aside, this is kind of funny, I've got a test partition on which I just got KMS+3D working, all I have to do is spend a little time setting it up properly for my needs, and yet here I am still futzing over fglrx on my main partition.

Comment

That should be just a warning. Btw. it is no 10-3 prerelease but 10-4. For both commands you don't need to be root, just fakeroot needed. You should get all *.deb.

Comment

Originally posted by yaji View Post
              I installed the newest build of these drivers, and they don't work. When I'm trying to turn them on using jockey-gtk im getting something like that:
              Code:
              SystemError: E:Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
              installed the beta yesterday and had the same problem, when i tried to install the driver via apt-get.
              jockey doesnt even suggest any proprietary drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                That should be just a warning. Btw. it is no 10-3 prerelease but 10-4. For both commands you don't need to be root, just fakeroot needed. You should get all *.deb.
                I know it's really 10-4, but that's not what the package is labelled as. I should know that sudo wasn't needed though!

I have no problem building the debs (apart from having used sudo that is), only the source downloaded, and the debs produced are for 10-2. No matter what I specify for the version, it always downloads 10-2:

Code:
                gc@basestar:~/build/fglrx$ fakeroot apt-get source -b fglrx-driver[B]=10-3[/B]
                Reading package lists... Done
                Building dependency tree       
                Reading state information... Done
                Skipping already downloaded file 'fglrx-driver_[B]10-2-2.[/B]dsc'
                Need to get 55.4MB of source archives.
                Get:1 [url]http://debian.yorku.ca[/url] sid/non-free fglrx-driver 1:[B]10-2-2[/B] (tar) [55.3MB]
                8% [1 fglrx-driver 4,898kB/55.3MB 8%]^C

gc@basestar:~/build/fglrx$ fakeroot apt-get source -b fglrx-driver[B]=10-4[/B]
                Building dependency tree       
                Skipping already downloaded file 'fglrx-driver_10-2-2.dsc'
                Get:1 [url]http://debian.yorku.ca[/url] sid/non-free fglrx-driver 1:[B]10-2-2[/B] (tar) [55.3MB]
                9% [1 fglrx-driver 5,355kB/55.3MB 9%]^C

gc@basestar:~/build/fglrx$ fakeroot apt-get source -b fglrx-driver=1:[B]10-3~prerelease-1[/B]
                Building dependency tree       
                11% [1 fglrx-driver 6,208kB/55.3MB 11%]^C

gc@basestar:~/build/fglrx$ fakeroot apt-get source -b fglrx-driver[B]=10-3~prerelease-1[/B]
                Building dependency tree       
                12% [1 fglrx-driver 6,673kB/55.3MB 12%]^C

Comment

fakeroot is implicitly used when installed.
                  Code:
                  dget http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/f/fglrx-driver/fglrx-driver_10-3~prerelease-1.dsc
                  dpkg-source -x fglrx-driver_10-3~prerelease-1.dsc
                  cd fglrx-driver-10-3~prerelease
                  debuild -b

Comment

I managed to figure out for myself that that .dsc was the key. I downloaded these files manually:

fglrx-driver_10-3~prerelease-1.dsc
                    fglrx-driver_10-3~prerelease.orig.tar.bz2
                    fglrx-driver_10-3~prerelease-1.debian.tar.gz

And then ran

$ dpkg-source -x fglrx-driver_10-3~prerelease-1.dsc
                    $ cd fglrx-driver-10-3~prerelease
                    $ fakeroot debian/rules binary

Wouldn't have made it to that thought-process without your earlier suggestion Kano, thanks

Comment

So is "fakeroot debian/rules binary" the same as "debuild -b" then? And dget obviously downloads those two archives automatically with the .dsc file...

Sorry bout the double post, got ahead of myself there.

Comment

Working...
                      X