Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soon: Windows 7 vs. Ubuntu 10.04 vs. Mac OS X 10.6, Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, at least two Linux distros.

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
    I'd love to see Ubuntu, windows, osx and Fedora to compare. With two Linux distributions at the same time, we can see where Linux relly lacks and where lacks because of bad configuration.
    Just wanted to support this perspective. Ubuntu is in many ways the anti Linux thus maybe not of interest to all.

dave

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
      I'd love to see Ubuntu, windows, osx and Fedora to compare. With two Linux distributions at the same time, we can see where Linux relly lacks and where lacks because of bad configuration.
      Fedora has SELinux and debugging enabled (at least pre-final versions), so it will affect benchmark numbers. OpenSuse will be better in my opinion.

Comment

PLEASE make a 100 base test (I suggest a MAC model with ubuntu LTS because MAC can run all systems and U LTS is a linux de facto standard as it was IBM AT for first cpu benchmarking)

And a average test based in this 100 base test like 3dmark.

It will be very good in the future to test MS WOS native versus Wine and versus Qemu, VMware, and other emulators, and of course between different versions of MS WOS and actual wine as it where other WOS version. (WOS: Windows Operating System)

Comment

Part 1 of the tests is tentatively scheduled for publication on the 4th of May.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
          X