Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bam! Phoromatic 1.0 Unleashed & Ubuntu Joins The Party

Phoronix: Bam! Phoromatic 1.0 Unleashed & Ubuntu Joins The Party

Phoromatic, our remote test management system that makes it incredibly simple to deploy the Phoronix Test Suite across an array of systems within an organization or around the world, has been in development for more than a year. We publicly announced this unique enterprise solution when developing Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 and it publicly went into beta with Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 where it became possible to easily build a benchmarking test farm using our Phoronix software. Before ending out the year we launched Phoromatic Tracker with an initial reference implementation to monitor the Linux kernel performance on a daily basis and in a fully automated manner. Phoromatic has been a huge success, but today we are announcing that Phoromatic has reached a 1.0 status and additionally we are providing the Ubuntu Linux community with a new performance tracker in collaboration with Canonical.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any idea when the search is going to be improved on PTS-Global?

Comment

As soon as PTS Global is opensource and somebody skilled does it I would really like to run my personal server to submit private test data and i do not like to use phoromatic for that.

Comment

Nice! I think this tracker will be useful.

On the other hand I think there should be another tracker to monitor Mesa. I would be particularly interested in radeon performance.
        [Yes, I know this mostly depends on money.]

Michael: Will there be a feature to automatically bisect regressions/improvements? I remember reading that this is already possible, but will this be added to the kernel tracker? E.g.: regressions are already marked on the graphs, so when one clicks on it one should get redirected to the actual commit. Thus everyone would immediately know who to blame. :P
        That would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by HokTar View Post
          Nice! I think this tracker will be useful.

On the other hand I think there should be another tracker to monitor Mesa. I would be particularly interested in radeon performance.
          [Yes, I know this mostly depends on money.]

Michael: Will there be a feature to automatically bisect regressions/improvements? I remember reading that this is already possible, but will this be added to the kernel tracker? E.g.: regressions are already marked on the graphs, so when one clicks on it one should get redirected to the actual commit. Thus everyone would immediately know who to blame. :P
          That would be awesome.
          That is possible, but requires customization for each and every software that is being tracked. Also note that this is in support of the project, and so Michael and I are more than interested in talking to project teams to get something going for that project.

If the project isn't interested, but people are able to commit a machine for testing, we can look at supporting individual projects on Phoromatic with the Systems Under Test being hosted by interested individuals or interested projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            As soon as PTS Global is opensource and somebody skilled does it
            Damn proprietary closed source projects.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              Any idea when the search is going to be improved on PTS-Global?
              Certainly with the PTS3 Global, but I haven't decided how much time to invest yet backporting any changes to the existing architecture since the new Global will be RADICALLY different.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Certainly with the PTS3 Global, but I haven't decided how much time to invest yet backporting any changes to the existing architecture since the new Global will be RADICALLY different.
                Well it would be nice if you could limit the search characteristics so that seaching for a processor with '955' doesn't spew a whole bunch of Intel 9550 processors leaving a person searching for the AMD 955's.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                  Well it would be nice if you could limit the search characteristics so that seaching for a processor with '955' doesn't spew a whole bunch of Intel 9550 processors leaving a person searching for the AMD 955's.
                  I might be able to arrange for that soon.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X