Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 7.8 Gets Ready With Release Candidate

Phoronix: Mesa 7.8 Gets Ready With Release Candidate

Mesa 7.8 was branched earlier this month in preparation for a release later this month, and today the first planned release candidate of this major update to this critical piece of the open-source Linux 3D stack has arrived...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does this mean that r300g (for example) can now run OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 code out of the box?

This is absolutely, positively awesome, OpenGL ES rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
      Does this mean that r300g (for example) can now run OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 code out of the box?
      Hm... I'd hesitate to claim that right at the moment- but it's very possible that it will. It's very, very tempting to load up a machine with an R300 adapter (after dusting off the AGP machine... ) and see given a bit of time. Or, perhaps disable the R700 series adapter in my second machine and use the Intel IGP to test with.

If so, there's some...interesting...possibilities for Intel's GPU lineup as well as the "older" Radeons for things like mobile devices.

This is absolutely, positively awesome, OpenGL ES rocks!
      All OpenGL ES mainly happens to be is a stripped down subset with enhancemnets of OpenGL 1.3 and 2.0 respectively. OpenGL just simply rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar
        At least the es1 mesa demo progs already work on nouveau gallium (tested on nv40, 7600go) using recent git.

It can also be used to draw directly to screen, without X, but it seems the resulting image is a little corrupted.
        I guess nouveaus 3d support is better on nv50 though, so it might work there.
        Code:
        EGL_VERSION = 1.4 (Gallium/X11/nouveau)
        EGL_VENDOR = Mesa Project
        EGL_EXTENSIONS = EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_image_pixmap EGL_KHR_image 
        EGL_CLIENT_APIS = OpenGL_ES 
        GL_VERSION: OpenGL ES-CM 1.1
        GL_RENDERER: Gallium 0.4 on NV4B
        GL_EXTENSIONS:
            GL_OES_byte_coordinates, GL_OES_fixed_point, GL_OES_single_precision, 
            GL_OES_matrix_get, GL_OES_read_format, GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture, 
            GL_OES_point_size_array, GL_OES_point_sprite, GL_OES_query_matrix, 
            GL_OES_draw_texture, GL_OES_blend_equation_separate, 
            GL_OES_blend_func_separate, GL_OES_blend_subtract, GL_OES_stencil_wrap, 
            GL_OES_texture_cube_map, GL_OES_texture_env_crossbar, 
            GL_OES_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_OES_framebuffer_object, GL_OES_depth24, 
            GL_OES_depth32, GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap, GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8, 
            GL_OES_stencil1, GL_OES_stencil4, GL_OES_stencil8, 
            GL_OES_element_index_uint, GL_OES_mapbuffer, 
            GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, 
            GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
          At least the es1 mesa demo progs already work on nouveau gallium (tested on nv40, 7600go) using recent git.

Wow... Just... Wow...

This means I may be able to bench-test my stuff I'm working on properly on a D510 board then...

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
            Wow... Just... Wow...

This means I may be able to bench-test my stuff I'm working on properly on a D510 board then...
            Indeed. I think the value of Linux as a one-stop development solution just went up: build on Linux, test OpenAL, OpenGL and OpenGL ES code-paths and cross-compile for Windows and Mac OS X as necessary. Very, very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
              Indeed. I think the value of Linux as a one-stop development solution just went up: build on Linux, test OpenAL, OpenGL and OpenGL ES code-paths and cross-compile for Windows and Mac OS X as necessary. Very, very nice.
              There IS a reason I'm doing what I'm doing here...

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                There IS a reason I'm doing what I'm doing here...
                Masochism?

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                  Masochism?
                  Heh... I thought that's why you posted around here, deanjo...

Comment

Working...
                  X