xf86-video-ati X.Org Driver 6.13 RC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    No need to backport. Lucid isn't released yet, they will just adopt the 6.13rc2 release that includes the change within the next days or so.
    Oh yes, dead on, thanks!

Note that for other components (Kernel, xserver, etc) they are one major release (or more) behind, and heavily backporting, so I assumeed they were doing the same for the ati driver, but I was wrong

Comment

Yes, Overdue

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      Overdue ? The 6.13 release was scheduled to coincide with KMS moving out of kernel staging AFAIK, and that only happened in 2.6.33.
      No proper releases in a year is what most sane people would call overdue. And there is no real excuse for it either. What this whole charade graphically shows, is that the "developers" are singularly unsuited to the task.

And all the crap that you spout, Mr Bridgman, is only adding to the widespread view that the radeon driver has been hijacked by idiots, with the full knowledge and complicity of AMD.

Comment

I'm like http://xkcd.com/231/ only with trolls instead of cats

Ow, look at this, isn't our new troll cute?

Now, who's a good troll? You are! Yes you are!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post

Or a baby in dire need of a teething ring. Poor gordboy.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post

I second that, some of the folks developing the OSS driver for ATI hang out here and they are not only very talented, but also cool people. And they do this, for me, for free. Bridgman is also a nice person, always informative. I have nothing but respect for all those people, and my graphics money goes to Intel and AMD for supporting Open Source.

I had to get that out, although I promised myself earlier in my life not to feed the trolls !

Comment

OK, so you didn't like the release plans and the focus on KMS, that's fair.

Why wait until the 6.13 release process had already *started* to speak up ? Why not propose an earlier release and volunteer to help with testing and release management ?
              Test signature

Comment

Working...
              X