This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Broken Promises and Prevarication

So where exactly is the new 6.13 ddx driver for radeon that was promised some weeks ago ?

Don't bother with any more stalling tactics and bare-faced lies : I want a definite release date, and I want it now.

No more excuses : give a DEFINITE RELEASE DATE.

here: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati/.

Comment

Exactly where are these promises you talked about.

All I can find is this a phoronix a few weeks ago:

In response to an inquiry, AMD's Alex Deucher has responded. "Now that 2.6.33 is out we'll be rolling a KMS-capable radeon release. I just haven't had time to get to it yet. Hopefully next week."
      And, frankly, I'm not sure anyone really gives a shit what you want. No offense, of course.

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by gordboy View Post
        So where exactly is the new 6.13 ddx driver for radeon that was promised some weeks ago ?

Don't bother with any more stalling tactics and bare-faced lies : I want a definite release date, and I want it now.

Given enough money, I'm sure you can convince them to release RC2 as final.

Comment

And maybe you should take a look at the GPL license sometime.

EXCEPT WHEN
          OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES
          PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED
          OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
          MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS
          TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE
          PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
          REPAIR OR CORRECTION.

Comment

Originally posted by gordboy View Post

I want, I want, I want. Sounds a bit like a spoiled child.

Comment

Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
              And maybe you should take a look at the GPL license sometime.
              Unfortunately the code isn't licensed under the GPL. But that's another story.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                Unfortunately the code isn't licensed under the GPL. But that's another story.
                Off Topic, but what is the differences between xorg and gpl?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                  Off Topic, but what is the differences between xorg and gpl?
                  The X11 license is similar to the three-clause (new/revised) BSD license, i.e. it's not a copyleft license and about half of it is just boilerplate liability disclaimers that don't really limit how the code may be used.

Comment

The X.org license is a slightly modified version of the MIT license, which in turn is based on the BSD license but without the advertising restrictions. BSD, MIT and X.org are all *very* open licenses which basically say "do what you want with the code but don't sue us if it doesn't work".

GPL, on the other hand, is a "copyleft" license which places more restrictions on anyone using the code, particularly the requirement that any changes to the code be made available in source form if you distribute the modified code in any form.

The X.org / MIT / BSD licenses allow relicensing to GPL (which is why X.org-licensed code is allowed in the Linux kernel even though it has not actually *been* relicensed) while the GPL license does *not* allow relicensing to X.org or any similar license. X.org and similar licenses also allow the code to be used in proprietary systems without restriction, while GPL licenses generally do not allow use in proprietary systems unless there are specific exceptions added to the license.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X