Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI Wind Box Intel Atom 330 NetTops

Phoronix: MSI Wind Box Intel Atom 330 NetTops

Through Phoromatic you can easily build a benchmarking test farm with minimal effort and combined with Phoromatic Tracker you can monitor the performance of a given software or hardware component over the course of time. We used our own tools to launch a Linux kernel tracker that monitors the performance of the very latest Linux kernel code on a daily basis at kernel-tracker.phoromatic.com. We are also announcing another new, important public tracker coming soon, but first off, we needed a few more low-powered Intel Atom systems. We ended up purchasing two MSI Wind Box NetTops (the 6667BB-003US and 6667BB-004US) that are both based around an Intel Atom 330 dual-core processor within a very low-profile enclosure. The MSI 6667BB-003US utilizes Intel GMA 950 graphics while the 6667BB-004US boasts an ATI Radeon HD 4330 graphics processor. Here is our Linux look at these two Intel nettop computers.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

for next nettop review can you do
    acer revo AR3610
    has atom 330 and nvidia ion. can test how it handles 1080p content in ubuntu and possibly linux games?

Comment

Any chance of reviewing a Tegra nettop? I'm betting it's twice the performance, half the cost, and one third the power consumption..

Comment

Could you test video decoding with & without a Broadcom CrystalHD card?
        It's practically designed for a setup like this- sadly, it seems to be working with just XBMC (using the correct build).

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
          Any chance of reviewing a Tegra nettop? I'm betting it's twice the performance, half the cost, and one third the power consumption..
          Haven't got any offers for a review unit yet... But soon as I need another system for this test farm being built, I will try to remember to order a Tegra... Potentially this week or as soon as I find an interesting model that's available (any suggestions?).
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

My god... Could these graphical artist posiibly come up with anything even uglier than this?

I so want to supervice the MSI's industrial design team... Hell I want to design it myself!

And what it is up with the 3,5 bay? I guess it had to be so cheap that the negative price tag would make you money by buying one!

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
              Could these graphical artist posiibly come up with anything even uglier than this?
              i was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                My god... Could these graphical artist posiibly come up with anything even uglier than this?
                lol, yup just look at the "gaming cases" that are available today.

Comment

Working...
                X