Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 7.8 Branched For Release This Month

Phoronix: Mesa 7.8 Branched For Release This Month

Mesa 7.7 was released just before the end of 2009, but by the end of March there will be the 7.8 release of the Mesa 7.8 graphics stack. Since January the Mesa 7.8 release plans have been to release it by the end of March -- around the same time as the planned X Server 1.8 release -- and in preparation for that this release series has now been branched from master. The 7.8 code-base is only being branched from Mesa's Git master repository only a few weeks ahead of the planned release, which is good to ensure the maximum number of features and new improvements in this release, while at the same time the mainline code has been running quite well for us and others. As mentioned in the e-mail announcing the 7.8 branching, Ian Romanick shares he plans to have the first release candidate out on the 12th of March, a second release candidate on the 19th of March, and then the final release on the 26th of March. Mesa 7.8 will offer a number of new graphics improvements to this free software stack including the new OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 state trackers for Gallium3D, new Gallium3D documentation, much better EGL support including the ability to run the Wayland Display Server off Mesa EGL, and support for new OpenGL extensions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm really curious to know what new stuff is planned for 7.9. Especially for r600.

Comment

7.8 will be a great release, especially the improvements and speedups in the GLSL preprocessor.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        very nice most of my games work with those features. .

the opensource guys makes the fglrx faster obsolete than the fglrx can build a new 2D part in direct2D
        Yeah, right. I guess that's why the radeon driver keep crashing and s2ram doesn't work with it.

Comment

Working...
        X