Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, NVIDIA ION Support In xf86-video-nv

Phoronix: Finally, NVIDIA ION Support In xf86-video-nv

The NVIDIA ION platform for nettops (like the ASRock ION 330HT-BD) and netbooks (like the ASUS Eee PC 1201N) launched last year and these parts have worked their way into many different low-powered computers. NVIDIA even recently introduced the ION2 platform, but it was not until today that they finally got around to adding the ION ASIC support to their feature-limited xf86-video-nv driver. The NVIDIA ION platform boasts a GeForce 9400M (MCP79) graphics processor and it was not until today's commit that the PCI IDs were added along with some slight G80 hardware initialization changes. This support is coming finally after an old bug entry with users desiring the GeForce 9400M support and several duplicate bugs too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hard to give a crap about a chip that only works on ATOM and ATOM only exists to hassle VIA. Yawn.

Comment

Wow; it didn't even occur to me that this could have been delayed for so long. I've never been terribly impressed with nv (it's not meant to be impressive, after all), but I thought Nvidia would at least get support out for a new chipset in a timely way.

Comment

Working...
      X