Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.1.40 Brings Wordpad Improvements

Phoronix: Wine 1.1.40 Brings Wordpad Improvements

Wine 1.1.40 is now available with a variety of improvements. The official highlights for this bi-weekly release of Wine include support for Wow64 registry redirection, increased coverage of MSI standard actions, various Wordpad improvements, many shell fixes for better IE support, improved support for typelibs, better OpenGL card detection, and the usual variety of bug-fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it a wine problem or fglrx?

Comment

The most common cause of 3D not functioning is incorrectly configured display drivers. When 3D works fine in other apps and when glxinfo also shows things are ok, it doesn't mean it is also good for Wine. Since Wine is a 32-bit app, 32-bit opengl libraries are needed and glxinfo shows info only about 64-bit opengl.

As of Wine 1.1.35/.36 (forgot the exact version number) we print a 'winediag' warning mentioning that direct rendering was not detected and that likely something is wrong with your opengl drivers. Really verify that this message is not printed.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird View Post
        As of Wine 1.1.35/.36 (forgot the exact version number) we print a 'winediag' warning mentioning that direct rendering was not detected and that likely something is wrong with your opengl drivers. Really verify that this message is not printed.
        Some weeks ago i get this message to but 3D was working in wine. and if i check glxinfo in 32bit mode its working ( linux32 glxinfo ).

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird View Post
          The most common cause of 3D not functioning is incorrectly configured display drivers. When 3D works fine in other apps and when glxinfo also shows things are ok, it doesn't mean it is also good for Wine. Since Wine is a 32-bit app, 32-bit opengl libraries are needed and glxinfo shows info only about 64-bit opengl.
          Yeah. I had tremendous fun getting working 32-bit drivers installed for my Radeon 2600 HD under Gentoo.

Originally posted by Nille View Post
          Some weeks ago i get this message to but 3D was working in wine. and if i check glxinfo in 32bit mode its working ( linux32 glxinfo ).
          linux32 glxinfo doesn't necessarily run a 32-bit version of glxinfo - it certainly doesn't under Gentoo, for example, probably because no such thing is installed.

Comment

linux32

has no option, after that uname -m will report i686 in that terminal. Thats needed for correct 32 bit chroot access.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              Is it a wine problem or fglrx?
              I won't play the blame game, though here are my observations:
              Wine 1.1.37 works fine with Catalyst 10.1 and 10.2
              Wine 1.1.38 and later versions get problematic: with pixel shaders on (XP mode), like 3D rendering being upside-down when the app doesn't just crash. With pixel shaders off, performance is poor in e.g. crowded areas, and textures tend to flicker/stretch.

Comment

LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib64/ wine someprogram.exe

try that one works for me with mesa-git multilib (although no 32bit dri for r600 is built which is why I have to force the use of the 64bit driver)

I have tested wine and google earth both are 32bit and work just fine instead of running with software rendering as they do without setting the driver path

also I just add
                export LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib64/

to my ~/.bashrc file so I don't have to bother anymore.

This works on gentoo 2.6.33-rc8 and mesa-git multilib (lacks 32bit dri for my card though as I said) My IGP is a radeon 4200 which is working pretty well so far most all native games are working now with some effects noto working in some ie reflection/refraction in sauerbraten

wine works well but I would like to see improvements in the driver so .kkrieger will work for some reason I just think its really cool ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
                  wine works well but I would like to see improvements in the driver so .kkrieger will work for some reason I just think its really cool ;-)
                  It's really impressive what Farbrausch have done with .kkrieger and .produkt. Not just the procedural geometry, textures and how it's all put together, but also the v2 softsynth and their packer code. Quite an awesome engineering hack.

Comment

Working...
                  X