Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Gets A New Theme, Logo

Phoronix: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Gets A New Theme, Logo

It's been on the agenda for quite a while now, but the Ubuntu artwork team and Canonical have finally finished work on the new default theme that will be used in forthcoming releases of Ubuntu Linux, including the release of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" that will be available next month. It's not only a new theme that has arrived, but their brand with other visual assets have also been revised as well. Accompanying the new GTK theme is a new boot-splash screen for Plymouth, a new Canonical web-site, and a very different Ubuntu logo...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No global menu bar 'till the next LTS?
    q?q

Comment

I like the new color palette very much.

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
        I like the new color palette very much.
        i agree 100%! purple adds so much to it's look.

i just hate the new font.. round bubble letters are much more human friendly.

if our skin wasn't so thin maybe we wouldn't care about sharp corners in our own home.

Comment

Put the window buttons on the right and the title in the middle and I won't complain more...

Comment

From the stupid brown look now to a girly look - that's what they call an improvement...

Comment

I expected further move in an elegant monochromish direction, but now it just looks like a cheap mac copy. And did they got rid of the bottom panel?

Comment

Originally posted by HokTar View Post
                Put the window buttons on the right and the title in the middle and I won't complain more...
                Yep. In my opinion it looks far better then Karmic. Btw. aren't those buttons from the Oxygene theme? :>

Comment

Remember all these artwork changes are not a deal breaker, there is a lot of other stuff behind the scenes that are improving and besides you can easily change the theme if you do not like it.

Comment

Nice, would have liked to see even MORE of the new style in the actual desktop theme though. Just seems to be the toolbar and the window decorations changed. I mean, look at the new website, it ALL follows the new style (logos, copy, icons, etc) but folder icons and overlay icons are all the same from karmic.

Apart from that, I really like it. Love that new logo font. USE MORE OF IT!!

J.

Comment

Working...
                    X