Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Finally, Reiser4 Benchmarks Against EXT4 & Btrfs

Hi,

It would have really been nice if you'd also included XFS and JFS in the test. Personally I am a big fan of XFS as an allrounder.

Especially from XFS I'd expect a well balanced performance in those tests. Prove me wrong!

Whahaha, look at all you guys getting totally worked up about filesystems. Linux has major issues in a lot of area's and the filesystem area isn't one of them. Why don't you guys start coding or paying a programmer to do something useful?

WIki pedia said that Raiser is faster on 4k files, so for the net browsing should be good than.

I get about 3% faster with Chrome web pages read out.

Quote Originally Posted by MaestroMaus View Post
    Whahaha, look at all you guys getting totally worked up about filesystems. Linux has major issues in a lot of area's and the filesystem area isn't one of them. Why don't you guys start coding or paying a programmer to do something useful?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkins..._of_Triviality

Quote Originally Posted by pejakm View Post
    I agree, it would be interesting to see Tux3 in action. However, Tux3 is still in very experimental state, question is would it work at all?
    Yes I think basic read/write and such works, but I don't know how much progress is being made on it or how much interest there is in comparison to BTRFS or what features each has or what kind of performance they have or will have.