AMD Ati Radeon HD 3650 512MB DDR2 AGP Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ati Radeon HD 3650 512MB DDR2 AGP Problem

i have a problem with this card when i connect it to the my tv's via s-video rca cable i didn't have this problem with ubuntu 8.10 or lucid kerenl 26.32 the problem is that the card identified that there is a screen but it doesn't trigger the tv's themself to display picture they just stay blank it's two diffrent tv's one lcd toshiba 32 hd ready and the other lcd samsung 37 full hd via dvi hdmi at least with the toshiba
    i don't have problems and i need the s-video rca connection for my samsung tv which is fiften meters from my computer behhind some walls so dvi hdmi is a problem for now.

how can i solve this problem?

thanks in advance.

and one more thing that i don't know if you can do something about is why doesn't the kernel automaticly detect when i connect or dissconect a second tv?

in windnows seven and possibly ubuntu with gflrx when i connect or dissconnect it automatilcy detect that there is a screen or there isn't
    the fact that it's not sometime forces me to log off via alt k sysrq just
    to see the main screen again because when i connect a screen ubuntu automaticly recognize it as the main screen and that is also a problem that need to be fix and by the way it would be great if you add an option
    to display that would enable me to choose for my self what is the main screen and what is not.

thanks again in advance.

Comment

Well i'v found the best solution i bought a fifteen meter hdmi hdmi high grade cable it cost me quite a bitt ruff estimate 75$ but i thought about
      doing it for a while now now bote tv's are connected via HDMI so there is no more problems with rca but i still would like to see an option in display to choose what is the main screen and what is the secondery if it's not the place to ask for it just tell me where to ask and i'll do it.

thanks in advance.

Comment

no one here think it's strange that there is no main or secondery screen option in display?

Comment

i now have a problem with this card with fglrx driver and kernel 2.6.33

Comment

That's clear as ubuntu does not patch the driver. As soon as ati provides a link to the normal installer and not only the parts for xserver 1.7 which are in the lucid repository you could use my script - that has go already 2.6.33 support.

Comment

where could i get this script here in the forum?
              thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
              X