Zero Ballistics goes free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero Ballistics goes free?

QuantiCode is apparently considering releasing Zero Ballistics "for free" (as Free Software I presume?). Considering the beta is almost two years old now, this might speed up development.

There's a poll for those who are interested:

"For free" usually refers to "no cost", since otherwise they would have used the term "open source". You might want to ask them.

Comment

That's my favorite tank shooter, hopefully i can play soon more maps.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        "For free" usually refers to "no cost", since otherwise they would have used the term "open source". You might want to ask them.
        They do mention "take part in the further development", but on the other hand use the term "freeware" in other places... I have asked for clarification on the forum.

Comment

This might be old news, but I just noticed that ZB is available on Sourceforge now, and it seems to be licensed under the GPL:
          Download Zero Ballistics for free. Zero Ballistics is a unique blend of first person shooter and tank combat, focusing on multiplayer gaming exclusively.

Quanticode.com seems to be gone though, so I don't know if this is the code drop they promised?

Comment

Yes that must be the full source. Maybe their website will be up again some time after they switched the provider.

Comment

Hmm very interesting.. it even includes the .blend source files for the artwork. Probably also under the GPL since it is in the same repository.

Comment

Indeed, that was a nice surprise, free models, editable in a free application Let's hope the devs get back online so the licensing can be confirmed, I don't think simply checking the "GPL" checkbox on Sourceforge counts.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse
                  This might be old news, but I just noticed that ZB is available on Sourceforge now, and it seems to be licensed under the GPL.
                  Quanticode.com seems to be gone though, so I don't know if this is the essay typer code drop they promised?
                  Indeed, that was a nice surprise, free models, editable in a free application Let's hope the devs get back online so the licensing can be confirmed, I don't think simply checking the "GPL" checkbox on Sourceforge counts.
                  I also tried to install Zero Ballistics from Portable Linux Games. I could not download it from the Sourceforge, my antivirus blocked it. I got the message: external protocol request chromium needs to launch external application to handle apt:links link requested here is apt: zeroballistic..... the following application will be launched if you accept request: xdg-open apt:zero Where else can I find the download link? Perhaps, I need to try other methods.

Comment

Working...
                  X