X.Org & CoreBoot FOSDEM Recordings Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    As long as "Phoronix.com" is mentioned in the title or description on the video streaming site, I am fine with that.
    Why don't you set up a dedicated Phoronix YouTube channel? You also get nice analytics to track who's watching etc.

If you use YouTube you can also easily embed the videos in posts - most people are more interested in what's being said than having it in the highest definition (you could provide that too for the few who really want it). It'd make it more accessible to many readers too.

Comment

I just fired up a script to convert the videos to 360p ogv, they should be appearing on http://www.zhick.de/phoronixfosdem in the next few hours. So if you've got a html5-capable browser you can just go there and stream the videos.

Comment

Regarding the videos: pretty boring, I'd prefer it if the video would show the guy doing the talk instead of just a small part of the slides.

Comment

Awesome, thanks Zhick! I was just downloading the mp4 files, but the Ogg Theora ones are a lot better, because so much smaller.

Comment

...and of course also thanks to michael for recording the vids and to release the source video files

Comment

We all really appreciate you going to FOSDEM to report on it and make videos, but same as last year--the videos are taken from terrible angles. You can't see the person speaking, you can't see the slides. And if you can't see either of these two things, what good is the damn video?

Watch part of this to see how a video of such an event should be recorded.

I can't understand how this happens, because this is _exactly_ how it was last year, except the audio was much worse. Do _you_ think the videos are good as is?

Comment

Perhaps you'd like to donate the 800EUR/day or so required to obtain "professional" quality coverage of the events?

Comment

Originally posted by rbmorse View Post
                  Perhaps you'd like to donate the 800EUR/day or so required to obtain "professional" quality coverage of the events?
                  I don't see how not-setting-up-the-camera-to-have-a-ridicoulusly-stupid-angle would cost 800?/day... :P

Comment

Originally posted by rbmorse View Post
                    If you can show me that that's what is required to get a video of the quality of the EXT4 talk that I linked to--fine. Otherwise, don't troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
                      Regarding the videos: pretty boring, I'd prefer it if the video would show the guy doing the talk instead of just a small part of the slides.
                      That's what we did originally in past FOSDEMs, but people complained they wanted to see the slides....
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X