Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy PowerColor fan

Hi,
    I've bought PowerColor Radeon HD 4650 link. It's pretty noisy device, even moving window in Fluxbox makes it whistling so I've decided to replace stock cooler with something more quiet. The problem is that card has only 2 pin socket and HD4000 seem to be still relatively new most coolers doesn't support it.

I thought about Revoltec Graphic Freezer Pro but I was told that it's not compatible with HD 4000 series. Now I turned to Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2 but I'm not sure if passive cooling will do. Can You recommend me any suitable and quiet cooler? Can I use 3 or 4 pin cooler with this card somehow?

Originally posted by panamaa View Post
    Hi,
    I've bought PowerColor Radeon HD 4650 link. It's pretty noisy device, even moving window in Fluxbox makes it whistling so I've decided to replace stock cooler with something more quiet. The problem is that card has only 2 pin socket and HD4000 seem to be still relatively new most coolers doesn't support it.

I thought about Revoltec Graphic Freezer Pro but I was told that it's not compatible with HD 4000 series. Now I turned to Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2 but I'm not sure if passive cooling will do. Can You recommend me any suitable and quiet cooler? Can I use 3 or 4 pin cooler with this card somehow?
    hi,

I bought an asus hd4650 last year. it uses ati standard format for 4650.
    Last december, I replaced its noisy fan by a zalman vnf 100. It has some years now, but has the 4650 is not so warm, it works.
    I was interested by this cooling system has some 4650 cards where directly sold with it.

Comment

Thanks for reply!
      I bought Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2 saving 10$

Some thoughts:
      - workmanship of Arctic Cooling is definitely not as good as of zelman's
      - it's really big
      - manual is outdated, it covers slightly other pieces
      - I needed to file off distance rings to get whole GPU touch radiator's base

Played max details 1920x1200:
      Game_______________Stock with case_______Stock without case___AC S1 r2. with case_________AC S1 r2. without case
      Urban Terror 4.1________58.5 ?C________________53.5 ?C____________48.0 ?C______________________65.0 ?C
      War$ow 0.5________.___65.0 ?C________________62.5 ?C____________49.5 ?C______________________got fragged too many times so quit

AC S1 rev. 2 is better than stock radiator with fan! Most interesting fact is that it performs better with case closed. This depends on circulation in case I presume.

Comment

Working...
      X