CompuLab Fit-PC2 NetTop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Hmm, is that 720p hardware limit for all hw decoders, or just Nvidia?
    there is no such hw limit on nvidia, I have played any video with hw decoding of h264 on ION using vdpau and va api on top of vdpau.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      Hmm, is that 720p hardware limit for all hw decoders, or just Nvidia?
      If you read the reply, it's only for MPEG4-Part 2 (a.k.a Divx/Xvid). It's just not used for any resolution above DVD- there were some crazy people who did some 720p stuff with Xvid, but x264 is so much better at HD resolutions that you'd be crazy to use anything else.

So basically, yes it is a limitation, but considering there's virtually no files in MPEG-4 Part 2 at HD resolutions, it's not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by dashcloud View Post
        If you read the reply, it's only for MPEG4-Part 2 (a.k.a Divx/Xvid). It's just not used for any resolution above DVD- there were some crazy people who did some 720p stuff with Xvid, but x264 is so much better at HD resolutions that you'd be crazy to use anything else.
        Yes, the limitation is on the GMA500 since the topic was about a systemp using that chip. I don't know why, though. All other HW accelerated codecs are supported at 1080p resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by dashcloud View Post

So basically, yes it is a limitation, but considering there's virtually no files in MPEG-4 Part 2 at HD resolutions, it's not an issue.
          Please. If "limit X" is said, I can refer to it as "the limit", not repeating everything. It does not have anything to do with my reading.

It was somewhat unclear whether GMA500 or Nvidia was referred to, as both were in the article.

Comment

Working...
          X