Linux Compatibility: M-Audio Revolution 7.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Compatibility: M-Audio Revolution 7.1

This is an entry for Phoronix LCH. Feel free to comment on the Linux compatibility for the M-Audio Revolution 7.1 in this thread.

M-Audio Revolution 7.1

Description: 7.1 channel sound card based on the Envy24HT chip
    Hardware Notes:

alsa driver
    ice1724

lspci -vv
    0000:01:0a.0 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies Inc. VT1720/24 [Envy24PT/HT] PCI Multi-Channel Au
    dio Controller (rev 01)
    Subsystem: VIA Technologies Inc. M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort-

Works for me on Ubuntu 8.10, but it doesn't work properly with hibernation. After waking up from hibernate, the sound is completely garbled and worthless. If anyone has tips on restarting the card after waking up I'd really appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by W3ird_N3rd View Post
      Works for me on Ubuntu 8.10, but it doesn't work properly with hibernation. After waking up from hibernate, the sound is completely garbled and worthless. If anyone has tips on restarting the card after waking up I'd really appreciate.
      Try rmmod for the kernel module of the driver before heibernate and modprobe after. That might be work around to make driver not to mess the state.

Comment

I have been using an M-Audio Revolution 7.1 for a couple years on my linux box,
        and I use it as a Myth frontend/HD home theater. The card works great...

Comment

Audio input does not appear to be functional unfortunately.

I haven't tried fixing the hibernate issue, I've got too much hardware having trouble with hibernate. I just turn my computer off nowadays..

Comment

If you have a spare partition or USB stick, you may want to try OSS4.

Comment

this card works great under alsa for me

Comment

As this thread comes up quickly on Google, I'll post it here.

Using this card on Ubuntu, it sometimes randomly, for no reason whatsoever, becomes insanely loud in an instant, clipping beyond the edge of madness, ridiculously loud, deafening. If you're using head/earphones and have a weak hart, this sure can kill you.

Whenever this happens, there is only one thing you can do: reload alsa.

killall pulseaudio
                sudo alsa reload

Or just reboot the computer, obviously. This problem occurs completely at random, there is nothing to be found in dmesg so I wouldn't know how to troubleshoot it.

Comment

Working...
                X