Suspend/Hibernate not working with ATI HD4650/fglrx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspend/Hibernate not working with ATI HD4650/fglrx

Anybody had luck with suspend working properly with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 in Ubuntu 9.10 (64-bit) ?

I installed ATI Catalyst 10.1 from ATI website. But, as of now, machine suspends but cannot wake up..

I end up with blank screen. Mouse is responsive. I can change to virtual terminal and I see the following error printing in an endless loop:

EXT4-fs error (device sda5): ext4_find_entry: reading directory #81922 offset 0
    (/dev/sda5 is root partition, /dev/sda6 is home partition)

I posted this problem at Ubuntu forums (link)

I'm willing to troubleshoot, but I don't know where to start and I don't know if this is a fixable problem..

hi,

I have a hd4650 with fglx. I tried suspend with 10.1 last month and it worked like a charm.
    I had lots of problems with older versions (last try was with ~ 9.6 ).
    I upgraded fglrx to 10.2, and since I had only once the pc locked while it tried to suspend.

Comment

Hi Jery,

what distribution are you using?

Comment

the same as you Ubuntu 9.10 64bits

Comment

That's odd.. suspend/resume is working out of box? did you do any modifications? By the way, what is your laptop brand/model? Mine is HP Pavilion DV7 2180us, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000(2.00GHz) 17.3" 6GB Memory 500GB HDD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

In this case, is it possible that another hardware in my laptop is interfering with suspend/resume?

Ok, so I know that suspend/resume can work in my computer, but i don't know where to start, what to tweak..

Comment

sorry, my mistake ... I don't hav a laptop, but a desktop machine
            so the two hd4650 are not the same at all !

Comment

Working...
            X