Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.1.39 Brings More Fixes, Improvements

Phoronix: Wine 1.1.39 Brings More Fixes, Improvements

Two weeks have passed since the release of Wine 1.1.38 and so now the 1.1.39 release is available to provide more fixes and improvements. This bi-weekly development update delivers on support for registry symbolic links, many MSI fixes, build process improvements, MSXML clean-ups and fixes, many MSHTML improvements, and various bug-fixes.The Wine 1.1.39 release announcement with change-log is to be found at WineHQ.org...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Phoronix being such an ATi fanboy and not mentioning this release officially recognises open source radeon drivers? weird.

dlls/wined3d/directx.c
    Code:
    if (strstr(gl_vendor, "Mesa")
        strstr(gl_vendor, "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.")

Comment

Originally posted by cruiseoveride View Post
      Phoronix being such an ATi fanboy and not mentioning this release officially recognises open source radeon drivers? weird.

dlls/wined3d/directx.c
      Code:
      With as many posts as you have I figured you'd be smart enough know that phoronix hates ATI. They take cheapshots at ATI (especially fglrx) every chance they get - even if it's slightly off topic. Every time fglrx fixes a new bug or introduces a new feature Michael spends 1\4 of the post discussing it, 1\4 complaining about how long it took, and 1\2 reminding everyone what's still missing and how far behind Nvidia they are.

Comment

Wake up Joe, everyone hates fglrx.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Sixpack View Post
          With as many posts as you have I figured you'd be smart enough know that phoronix hates ATI. They take cheapshots at ATI (especially fglrx) every chance they get - even if it's slightly off topic. Every time fglrx fixes a new bug or introduces a new feature Michael spends 1\4 of the post discussing it, 1\4 complaining about how long it took, and 1\2 reminding everyone what's still missing and how far behind Nvidia they are.
          Truth hurts sometimes doesn't it?

Comment

dlls/wined3d/directx.c
            Code:

Apparently my laptop now has a 8600gts . I don't remember upgrading from the geforce4 mmx440. Laptop has a 200M by the way.
            Maybe it will work for my hd4850 though. WINE detects it as a 7600gt.

Comment

Wake up Joe, everyone hates fglrx.
              I didn't say it wasn't justified (sometimes). I'm saying it's hard to claim someone is biased towards ATI when they spend so much time trashing it.

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              Truth hurts sometimes doesn't it?
              Not really. I can never relate though, cause none of his gripes ever affect me.

Comment

Any idea whether Visual Studio works on this release? I remember it was having several MSI-related issues (maybe they are fixed)?

Comment

Working...
                X