• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Graphics cards, cant get fglrx to see second

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up 2 graphics cards with fglrx for 3 monitors

The two cards are:

ATI Technologies Inc Mobility Radeon HD 3600 (PCIe x16)
    ATI Technologies Inc FireMV 2250 (PCIe x1)

I intend 2 monitors on the Radeon, and a 3rd on the Fire

They both "work", the bootup happens on Fire and then with the login screen it changes to the Radeaon (had troubles on the first run, so did an aticonfig --initial and it basically does the radeon).

lspci shows:

Code:
    02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc FireMV 2250
    02:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc FireMV 2250 (Secondary)
    03:00.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. Device 3403
    05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Mobility Radeon HD 3600 Series
    The catalyst control center (amdcccle) however does not recognise the Fire card. So I have two screens off the radeon I can configure and the Fire card monitor is blank.

In the "Information" section of catalyst, there is only mention of the Radeon.

running aticonfig --lsa (list all adapters) it only shows the Radeon.

I have tried various aticonfig commands to set up the xorg, but have failed, primairly "--initial" and "--adapter=all --initial=dual-head" in the hope that catalyst control center would pick up the other card I can work from there -- but no luck.

I then tried my own xorg.conf which had 3 monitor, 3 device and 3 screen settings, with xinemara on, it was based off of a triple head xorg someone posted, but I have lost the link. Booting up I only got the Radeon in cloned mode.

I am fast running out ideas now and wandering if anyone can help?

I can post up any details.

I'm running an dell i7 with 64bit 9.10, very standard install / nothing special.

Please help! , thanks,

Jon

I'm not 100% sure, but my recollection was that the FireMV 2250 was based on a version of the RV515 GPU, which is not supported by the current Catalyst drivers. You might have to go back to Cat 9.3 which was the last release with official support for that generation of GPUs.
    Test signature

Comment

Ah doh, yeah that would seem to be the case. Seems like its not even supported on the open source driver (although I have not tried it yet).

Hmm need to check the nvidia support for their PCIe x1 cards, otherwise it looks like we will have start looking at some of the more fancy cards

Thanks for the help
      Jon

Comment

Club3D sells two models of PCIe x1 cards, Radeon 4350 and Geforce 8400

Comment

Working...
        X