No announcement yet.

Catalyst 10.2 is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like it wont fix udv2 issues yet. i will try this new 2d acceleration now... so far compiz works with gnome. Some games are now less affected with vsync issues (tried a few, might be wrong about it with more test).

Comment

I'm on Archlinux (x64) sytem (on KDE 4.4), and this driver can work on Kernel 2.6.32 ? (and xorg-server 1.7.4 ?)
      At the moment, I use open source driver (xf86-video-radeonhd)
      (i've got a ATi 4870 512mo)
      i would play game with my graphic card on Linux

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
        Code:
        aticonfig --set-pcs-str=DDX,Direct2DAccel,TRUE
        ... and restart X. To revert to old method:
        Code:
        aticonfig --del-pcs-key=DDX,Direct2DAccel
        At least packaging for Karmic works now.

Can you give me the result xorg.conf with the new acceleration on, pasted here? with my mobility card aticonfig cannot be forced to configure it (says no supported card detected...). (i have my xorg.conf manually created, aticonfig never worked). Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mum1989 View Post
          I'm on Archlinux (x64) sytem (on KDE 4.4), and this driver can work on Kernel 2.6.32 ? (and xorg-server 1.7.4 ?)
          Kernel 2.6.32: yes.
          xorg-server 1.7.x: No.

Comment

xorg-server 1.7.x: No.
            ok,

Comment

Originally posted by krionius View Post
              Can you give me the result xorg.conf with the new acceleration on, pasted here? with my mobility card aticonfig cannot be forced to configure it (says no supported card detected...). (i have my xorg.conf manually created, aticonfig never worked). Thanks!

The configuration goes into amdpcsdb, not xorg.conf. That file is found in /etc/ati. Open it for editing and add:

Code:
              Direct2DAccel=TRUE
              ... and restart X. Confirm it is on with:

Code:
              grep hook /var/log/Xorg.0.log
              ... which should come back with some feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
                funny, just today I decided to give KDE4.4 a spin, and whatdoyaknow, it works (HD5770, 10.1).

won't try 10.2 before the official release though.
                kde 4.4 and fglrx 10.2 works like a charm for me
                using a hd4570

Comment

alright, that could have gone better....After I installed that driver I think it gave my computer a stroke, or a heart attack or something....after I went through the usual steps of uninstalling previous driver, I also installed the standard xserver on karmic (previously had the backclear patch installed), I restarted and then installed the new driver. Everything appeared to go well and perfectly.....except when I restarted X compiz wouldn't load, and my cpu temperature was going through the roof. interstingly enough cairo-dock and its opengl effects were operating perfectly, albeit under metacity....Anyone have an idea of where I went wrong? I'm on a 5770 under ubuntu 9.10 btw

Comment

I have got Quake4 running under 10.1.

With 10.2 it doesnt start, telling OpenGl cannot be initialized.

Anyone with better luck?

Comment

Originally posted by krionius View Post
                      I have got Quake4 running under 10.1.

With 10.2 it doesnt start, telling OpenGl cannot be initialized.

Anyone with better luck?
                      Sidenote - nwn1 and other opengl games are working.

Comment

Working...
                      X