No announcement yet.

ATI Radeon 4670 Vs. nVIDIA GeForce GT 240

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 more question guys ... what r z most important items in choosing a VGA card ... stream processor or mem bus or memo type or memo speed or what? chosing VGA card depend on what mainly???

Comment

The stats don't matter much. Simply get the card that is faster according to benchmarks. If possible, get a 1GB card.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_99995 View Post
        1 more question guys ... what r z most important items in choosing a VGA card ... stream processor or mem bus or memo type or memo speed or what? chosing VGA card depend on what mainly???
        Well games years ago used to care about pixels/s but since DX9 and DX10 took over you can pretty much figure out exactly how it's going to do by it's texel/s benchmark. Some games seem to like shader speed others don't care. Core frequency is directly related to texel/s frequency. Wow and sims 3 kind of games do alright on about 5 to 10 gtex/s. Bit more demanding games do alright on about 10 to 20 gtex/s. Hardware breakers are pretty much getting devoured by the 40gtex/s and up cards. Ram throughput is nice but when cards are doing so many texture operations a cycle it's really not that big of a deal.
        A card that can do 10 gtex/s at 500 mhz will do 20 gtex/s at 1000mhz but if your game needs 30 then you really haven't gotten the job done. Think of it like hot loading bullets. If your hotloading a round that almost gets the job done then fine. If your hotloading .380 acp to hunt elephants then it's kind of silly.

DX11 though is dumping the texel/s trend. They take all the super high quality textures that years and years and 4 generations of GPU's struggled to be able to throw around and just blurring them to high heaven and then tesselating them to rediculous levels. But you can count on texture quality in shipped games not going down as long as there are so many DX9 and DX10 gpu's around. 2nd and 3rd generation dx11 gpu's will likely just be tossing out texture mapping units for more shaders.

Comment

hey guys ... after i done my search comparing ati cards & nvidia cards, i found that nvidia care more bout the memory bus of the card, however ati radeon care bout stream processor, mem type (GDDR5) and mem. clock

finally i decided 2 get z ATI Radeon HD 5770, is there any nVIDIA card better than that??? or any 1 got a suggestion for me?

Comment

There are cards better than that, but it's out of your price range; I don't think you would buy a 500$ card

Comment

Working...
            X