Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Radeon 4670 Vs. nVIDIA GeForce GT 240

hi guys,
    i got a big problem irritating me ... i always used my pc for office & studies work or for watching movies and listening to songs or surfing the internet.
    now i wana play some cool games and i realy dont know anythng about VGA cards how i can choose them? or what are the difference betwen them?
    finaly i decide to choose betwen ATI 4670 or GT 240 according to price .. as they r z expensive things i can buy wth all my money i got for VGA card .. i just need opnions or help .. any idea for what to buy? and what is the difference between ATI cards and nVIDIA cards?

for consideration my pc is:
    - core 2 duo 2.6
    - S-series 945 gigabyte MB
    -2 GB RAM

THANKS FOR HELP, I APPRETIATE EVEN U READ MY TEXT AND DIDN'T REPLY

Both cards aren't really good for modern games (too slow).

With that being said, the GT240 is the faster card.

As for the difference between NVidia and ATI: For playing games in Linux, NVidia is the only choice if you intent to use Wine to play Windows games.

Comment

@ RealNC ... thanks for the reply but if u got any suggestion it would be helpful

Comment

Well, since money is a big issue for you, I would suggest an AMD CPU instead of Intel (a Phenom II dual core 3.2Ghz costs 100€ here) with a mainboard that can take it. Also, I would go for 4GB instead of just 2 and I would recommend the cheap ones (like A-Data or Kingston).

But anyway, you didn't specify the CPU or RAM models, how much they cost and links to the shop you buy from, so it's difficult to give real advice.

Comment

Well i would go for i3+h55+ddr3 memory.

Comment

@RealNC ... my proc. is intel nad my RAM r kingston ... actualy i will nt change my pc for games, i just need z best VGA card tht fit 2 my pc ... nd also nt expensive ... im nt a graphic designer to buy such cars

Comment

I think he has the PC listed, and is upgrading it. At least, that is how I would read his post.

Comment

@ Kano .. i need a suggestion about a VGA card not 2 cahnge my whole pc

Comment

Well the problem is that for win the ati card is MUCH faster, but for linux the nvidia one is better. vdpau is a nice addon, the ati variant vaapi over xvba is still crap.

Comment

OK, I thought you were asking on advice to buy new PC parts. Sorry, the way you write is very confusing :P

As for what graphics card to buy, it depends on how much money you want to pay. As I said earlier, the GT240 is better than the ATI 4670.

If you want to play games only in Windows though, then I recommend an ATI 5770, if you can spend the money for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X