Clear All

• CCC without GUI

Hi!

I?m running a home pc with a minimal ubuntu:
    -just the basic server, without any desktop manager
    -xbmc live
    -fglrx 10.1
    -latest stable vanilla kernel

Now i?d like to do some settings i usually did using ccc, is there a way to do those things with the ati-tool? (scale the picture, vsync, quality settings(antialiasing etc.))?

Cheers

aticonfig --help ?

Comment

Just type aticonfig on a terminal and you will be given all the command line options for it.

Comment

Did you ever tried this? I made my way through all options and commands from aticonfig, there is no way to set antialaiasing oder scale the picture..

Guess i have to install gnome and use ccc. But if i do so, will this have an effect to other applications that use xinit?

Comment

ssh -X

Did you try to run:
          ssh -X usr@server;
          amdcccle
          Pherhaps this does work.
          If not, just install and run any Desktop environment ( this is also better for power consumption of the graphics card, at least in my case )
          XFCE or whatever is sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by bolzerrr View Post
            Did you ever tried this? I made my way through all options and commands from aticonfig, there is no way to set antialaiasing oder scale the picture..

Guess i have to install gnome and use ccc. But if i do so, will this have an effect to other applications that use xinit?
            You don't need Gnome for CCC. Just run it in some leight-weight window manager.

Comment

You can edit /etc/ati/amdpcsdb for AA/AF/Vsync values.

Comment

Thanks all!

Gut it working with "xinit amdcccle" as superuser

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X