NVIDIA Has Gallium3D Support In Fedora 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a nice surprise!
    I would like to see this kind of testing (experimental) packages in Ubuntu.
    So there it would be so simple as installing one package to replace another to switch between stable or experimental version for testing.

Comment

This is great news, nouveau is coming around at the right time . We really gotta give props to those devs though, what they've managed to do so far with so little is very impressive.

Comment

I tested it today (I use rawhide), and, well, it's there, but not quite usable. Kwin composite start, but turn the display white (but wobbly work! At least, looking at the shadow showing for a few seconds. Once set to use XRender instead of OpenGL, it work much better, but 2D lag and have repaint delay in Qt4 apps (nvidia blob run fine).

Comment

Originally posted by remm View Post
          I don't think F13 will switch to r300g yet, but I'd expect F14 to use r300g (and r600g).
          Although r300g might show up in F14, right now r600g basically doesn't even exist. There has been some code already written like winsys but it's not part of Gallium yet. Given the time the development of r300g has taken, the first bits of r600g will probably be usable in 2011 and the driver shipped in 2012 (hopefully).

-Marek

Comment

Originally posted by Eosie View Post
            Although r300g might show up in F14, right now r600g basically doesn't even exist. There has been some code already written like winsys but it's not part of Gallium yet. Given the time the development of r300g has taken, the first bits of r600g will probably be usable in 2011 and the driver shipped in 2012 (hopefully).

-Marek
            2012?
            i think you are a bit to pessimistic on that one.

Comment

Working...
            X