No announcement yet.

me too :fglrx underscan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there is it would be in the amdpcsdb file, but I don't remember seeing it mentioned as a user-editable option.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by batesman View Post
      Ok, I'll try that again when I'm back home.
      Is there no way to turn this Option on/off in a config file or something ?
      aticonfig --help | grep -i overscan shows an option.

In the past I used to have my S-Video overscan settings stored in xorg.conf by aticonfig --tv-geometry=.....

I haven't tested for ages (use OSS driver), but at some time fglrx started ignoring them, so I had to redo them with amdcccle. I don't know what the behavior of more recent fglrx is.

Comment

Yes I saw this option,

but when I remember correct it was just for TV-OUT.
        From my memory, I believe, HDMI (or in this case DFP-5) is not handled as TV-OUT. But I will check later again.
        BTW: You told you'er using OS-Driver. If you can tell me how to configure xorg.conf to get a screen that fits I'll prbably try radeon or radeonhd (are they providing XV now for a hd3200 ?)

Comment

Originally posted by batesman View Post
          Yes I saw this option,

but when I remember correct it was just for TV-OUT.
          From my memory, I believe, HDMI (or in this case DFP-5) is not handled as TV-OUT. But I will check later again.
          You may be right I don't have any digital displays to test with.

I notice that you used 1920 and 1080 for your size adjust commands - if it's anything like TV then those should be percentages so + or - some small number, though as you got an error on the position 0s I guess it still may not work.

BTW: You told you'er using OS-Driver. If you can tell me how to configure xorg.conf to get a screen that fits I'll prbably try radeon or radeonhd (are they providing XV now for a hd3200 ?)
          Xv should work with both drivers. I can't tell you how well your HDMI TV will work, but if you try with the radeon driver and have problems you can always ask in the OSS forum/file a bug and the devs can help.

You won't get UVD for h264 though, which may be a consideration for HTPC - but then with fglrx I suppose you won't know if it works for your hardware until you try.

Comment

It's running now.
            After deleting all "config" files and a new installation of the driver the situation was like before. BUT the "set X position and size" commands worked. Except I had to change "DFP-5" to "tmds2i". I think it's because the name assignment changed.
            I don't know why this "slider" ist still not available (will ever be a ATI secret) but now I can use it like I want

Comment

I'm thinking this whole discussion might be a bit of a red herring, ie it might be about getting the driver to display the resolution & timing your display needs rather than being about underscan/overscan.

Unless your display resolution is recognized as a standard HDTV res then underscan won't kick in and any associated controls (eg the slider maybe) won't be visible. Sorry I just noticed this now, I hadn't picked up on the resolutions before.
              Test signature

Comment

I'm not really sure about what you mean.
                I know the native Res. is 1024x768. But it can Display up to 1920x1080. I thought the important part is that CAN Display all HD resolutions.
                So my understanding of the situation is.
                Fglrx ist running in 1280x1024 but the size of the Frame is now reduced and positioned in the upper left corner.

BTW: When I chose the HDMI part of the Soundcard in alsa there's still no sound over HDMI. For now I'm using SPDIF but HDMI would be "nicer".
                Any hints ?

Comment

Working...
                X