• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
    I asked him already, but he has no interest:
    He only wants the best flash player
    No answer so far if we can buy the video free for the general public
    This is the worst example of hypocrisy in the open source community... Someone who repeatedly speaks up for open source software and community now REFUSES requests to make some content accessible with open source software -- even though he won't be making any money with it. So, why?

Even more sad, this is not just Phoronix either, I was shocked to find that the linux.conf.au live stream used Silverlight! Many other conferences have published their videos in proprietary Flash or WMV formats.

Comment

This is the worst example of hypocrisy in the open source community... Someone who repeatedly speaks up for open source software and community now REFUSES requests to make some content accessible with open source software -- even though he won't be making any money with it. So, why?

Even more sad, this is not just Phoronix either, I was shocked to find that the linux.conf.au live stream used Silverlight! Many other conferences have published their videos in proprietary Flash or WMV formats.

Comment

I hate this kind of hypocrisy in the open source community... Someone who repeatedly speaks up for open source software and community now refuses requests to make some content accessible with open source software -- even though he won't be making any money with it. So, why?

Comment

should also be on youtube soon.

Comment

Ooooops! Somehow you hit the Submit button 3 times, intgr...happens to the best of us

Comment

Please ban the dude above.

Comment

Working...
              X