Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Has Another Special ATI Catalyst Driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by indus View Post
    Are you aware there are some applications/games which will never run properly with the open source drivers? You probably miss the point that there are many applications that have proprietary technologies which will be difficult to implement in open source drivers due to IP issues.
    Yes, I wasn't aware, but bridgman (from AMD) later on clarified that (sad) fact to me. With the ongoing success of open source, though, things are going more and more open in the industry, so I can only hope this will not be the case in the future. Not for basic things like acceleration/encoding technologies.

The rest of your post is just bashing me and/or Linux with unfounded and outdated remarks, so I'll keep this short

Comment

Originally posted by albatorsk View Post
      That sounds great! When do you think that driver will be released?
      mmm, in 10 years?

Comment

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
        Yes, I wasn't aware, but bridgman (from AMD) later on clarified that (sad) fact to me. With the ongoing success of open source, though, things are going more and more open in the industry, so I can only hope this will not be the case in the future. Not for basic things like acceleration/encoding technologies.

The rest of your post is just bashing me and/or Linux with unfounded and outdated remarks, so I'll keep this short
        Sorry about that, but i wasnt trying to bash you.But unless someone counters what i said, i stick to my point.

Comment

Working...
        X