Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Has Another Special ATI Catalyst Driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Has Another Special ATI Catalyst Driver?

Phoronix: Ubuntu Has Another Special ATI Catalyst Driver?

The past three releases of Ubuntu Linux have included unreleased ATI Catalyst drivers. It started with Ubuntu 8.10, which got an early-access driver as the official Catalyst Linux driver that was available to the public at the time had not supported X Server 1.5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Big thanks.
    If the Driver supports Mobility HD 5 Series, it will be a pleasure to help.
    "ara" already got a mail from me.

Comment

...the same procedere as every year, james.

Comment

I DON'T WANT FGLRX, IT CLAIMS TO BE SOMETHING IT ISN'T: A WORKING DRIVER FOR MY GPU.

Am I going against the netiquette?

Comment

Good luck getting ATI to fix their bugs in their proprietary Linux driver. Note that ATI has a special bugtracker for that:

The site has been down for a while, but then again nobody at ATI reads these bug reports anyways .

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
            Good luck getting ATI to fix their bugs in their proprietary Linux driver. Note that ATI has a special bugtracker for that:

The site has been down for a while, but then again nobody at ATI reads these bug reports anyways .

Hopefully they're doing maintenance (or at least update the tracker so we can properly flag new driver issues). The unofficial wiki is grossly outdated too last time I bothered to check it.

Comment

We don't go into the bug tracker every day but each new bug ticket or update gets emailed to a developers in each of the major driver teams (X, OpenGL, video etc..).
              Test signature

Comment

I don't think there's a point in flagging new driver issues, if they are not going to fix old ones. I had a look around there about a week ago, it left the impression on me of a digital graveyard. Sure there were new bug reports added, but the ones already there were just R.I.P.

The fact that that ATI refers to this bug tracker (and the wiki) as:

"These sites are community resources, and are not supported by, or affiliated with AMD in any way."

Really speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  We don't go into the bug tracker every day but each new bug ticket or update gets emailed to a developers in each of the major driver teams (X, OpenGL, video etc..).
                  LOL, after I commented on a bug report about a week ago, I got a message that it was being forwarded to mtippet. I don't believe he work at ATI any more

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                    LOL, after I commented on a bug report about a week ago, I got a message that it was being forwarded to mtippet. I don't believe he work at ATI any more
                    Yeah, I think he has the password to change who incoming bugs get routed to. I'll start bugging him to fix some of those bugs; that should get the routing table updated

BTW are you saying that we don't *fix* reported bugs (which I would disagree with strongly) or that we don't update the workflow state of bugs when we fix them and leave that to the original reporter ? Those are two very different things.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X