AMD working on XvMC for r300g?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    no, it only shows that your decoder is prepared to a future bitrate standard, up today i havent see any BD or h264 movie encoded like that
    14.4mbps for the video is well within the current standard of ~40mbps. It isn't even half.

i seriously doubt someone will use that mounstrocity of bitrate to the mass market.
    It isn't a huge bitrate. The current standard goes almost three times higher.

in resume is a good reference not a must, for now. and that now could be quite far in time cuz i really cant see the difference between 1080p and 1080p 100mbit bitrate in my 1080p led 120hz tv, dunno maybe if thaters move 500" led screen maybe but for normal market 1080p is here to stay for many years.
    100mbps would make the file MUCH larger. 100mbps*122(seconds duration)/8=1525mb. This file is not 1525mb.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoodlum View Post
      14.4mbps for the video is well within the current standard of ~40mbps. It isn't even half.

It isn't a huge bitrate. The current standard goes almost three times higher.

100mbps would make the file MUCH larger. 100mbps*122(seconds duration)/8=1525mb. This file is not 1525mb.
      Bitrates are quite easy to figure out - DVD is specified up to 9mbps mpeg2. That's the bitrate to get a movie plus audio and extras on a 9.5GB dual layer DVD.

BD is specified up to dual layer at 50GB, so 40mbps would not even fill that. That means in my opinion, that bitrates at the maximum specified will be quite common.

Comment

It does not matter is completely filled or not, it has to be lower than 1x speed read. The max bitrates are 54 mbit read 1x speed, 48 mbit a+v combined (spec), 40 mbit video (spec) only.

Comment

Anyone is working on this?

Comment

Working...
          X