No announcement yet.

No-backfill still needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you using openSUSE 11.2 of you, xserver packages with the backclear patches applied can be found in my obs repo:
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_11.2/

Comment

Originally posted by agaida View Post
      Have take a second look at this. It look like rounding errors ins Compiz and occurs also when not animated

Comment

Originally posted by agaida View Post
        I know. I think its because near the top there are two Sections, first the window title, then the section with the menus. Probably you see the normaly not visible border between these sections in Actions like miniizing, maximizing or wobble. No clue about it. To verify that, you might use another scheme for testing purposes.
        You got it exatly right. It's that in-between section/line that I'm seeing. Also I checked out your screenshot and I get that too. I don't know if it has to do with compiz or the no-backfill patch.
        When I change the compiz animation quality settings to "best" it's much more prominent than when I have it set to "fast".
        Anyhow, I really like the new ubuntu theme so I'd rather use it with these minor annoyances than use a different one that would cover up these artifact related problems.

Comment

Originally posted by latebeat View Post
          You got it exatly right. It's that in-between section/line that I'm seeing. Also I checked out your screenshot and I get that too. I don't know if it has to do with compiz or the no-backfill patch.
          When I change the compiz animation quality settings to "best" it's much more prominent than when I have it set to "fast".
          Anyhow, I really like the new ubuntu theme so I'd rather use it with these minor annoyances than use a different one that would cover up these artifact related problems.
          Ok, i have check these behavior back on another machine. It's my server with an Intel G43 and an unpatched xsever. Compiz on. Wobbly on. It has the same artifacts as you described. So i would say, the error is not on Ati nor the patch. I would say, it's compiz.

Comment

Working...
          X