Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 Released

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 Released

Phoronix Media has announced the immediate release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 (codenamed "Lenvik"), as the latest update to their open-source testing framework that delivers immediate and measurable advantages to its customers. The Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 software is compatible with a greater number of operating systems, introduces support for mobile platforms, offers a new range of test profiles, and other features to further solidify its premiere position within the computer benchmarking industry.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I did not know that today is the 1st april already, the mentioned unigine-heaven profile is a pure joke.

Code:
          unigine-heaven:
                2 Files Needed / 125.33 MB
                Downloading: unigine-heaven-cfg-1.tar.bz2         [0.00MB]
                Downloading ..............................................
                Installation Size: 138 MB
                Installing Test
    Of course this was successfull.... sure.... Better do not mention that profile and delete it until the download really works. Must be really hard to get it, maybe we wait till Nv sells DX11 hardware.

Comment

it's amazing how fast this hit lucid.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        I did not know that today is the 1st april already, the mentioned unigine-heaven profile is a pure joke.

Code:
              unigine-heaven:
                    2 Files Needed / 125.33 MB
                    Downloading: unigine-heaven-cfg-1.tar.bz2         [0.00MB]
                    Downloading ..............................................
                    Installation Size: 138 MB
                    Installing Test
        Of course this was successfull.... sure.... Better do not mention that profile and delete it until the download really works. Must be really hard to get it, maybe we wait till Nv sells DX11 hardware.
        It all works and has been tested against unreleased copies, just waiting for the final build to be publicly released when the official download link will be dropped in.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Downloading now.

Comment

I will be testing all multi-platform like

Comment

@Michael

Then disable it till you can really use it!

Comment

What's the big deal? I guess one could have released a "patch" of sorts latter on to activate the test. It looks a bit unprofessional the way it is, but I'm guessing it was done because either the test will be released shortly and/or to save time and effort.

Comment

The deal is that it is EXTRA annouced but not working. I would never accounce something which does NOT work.

Comment

No, the deal is that I didn't even know about it until you brought it to my attention. Thanks a lot Kano!

With all the hype around this hardware tessellation thing, I may want to give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                    X